Chapter 2

Myungsoo led me to a table in the corner of a quiet cafe. We were the only ones in the cafe other than a couple sitting at the other end of the shop.

After placing an order for two iced Americanos, he leaned back in his chair and seemed to study me behind his dark sunglasses.

"So..Nana..what do you do for a living?"

"I work in a bookstore. Arranging books, serving customers, stuff like that," I shrugged. "How about you?"

"I'm...studying music," he answered.

"Ah~ You're training to be like those singers..or what do they call it? Idols? On TV?"

"Something like that," he smiled his crooked smile again.

"I'm actually not interested in stuff like that but if you finally make it on TV I'll consider watching," I teased.

"Wait...what?" he stared at me incredulously. "Don't you watch TV?"

"Well..sure. But not really often. I'm always too busy editing my pictures or finding information about some place or another." I answered sheepishly.

He seemed to study me again. After a few seconds, he seemed to come to a conclusion and slowly took off his sunglasses.

I stared into his deep brown eyes. I felt myself blush as I realized he was actually quite good-looking.

"Well?"

"Well what?" I was baffled as to what he expected me to say.

He shook his head in disbelief.

"You're a very interesting girl."

"Thanks...I think."

He held out his hand. "Give me your handphone."

Puzzled, I slowly handed him my phone. He dialed a number and I heard his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"This is my number," Myungsoo said as he handed my phone back to me. "Text me whenever you need a photo buddy."

"Photo buddy?"

"Someone who follows you to all those places so you can take your photos," he explained. "I'm normally really busy since I do my share of travelling too but I'll make time to accompany you if you want. I'd prefer it if a girl didn't go around by herself."

"What's wrong with that? I can take care of myself," I said, stubbornly.

"Well..." he faltered. "Don't you want a friend you can travel with?"

"I guess so.."

"Then it's settled. Let's make a plan to take pictures together soon."

"Okay..." I said as he signaled the waiter for the bill. I reached for my purse but he stopped me.

"I've got this. How could I let someone I invited pay?"

"...Thanks." I reluctantly stuffed my purse into my bag.

He stood up to leave. "I've gotta run but I'll see you soon, ok?"

"Sure thing." I waved as he walked off.

I slowly shook my head in disbelief. I don't know what just happened but I guess I've got myself a photo buddy.