Chapter 8

It was a long drive to the place we were headed to. Myungsoo turned on the radio and started singing along to some kpop song blasting out of the speakers. I didn't know most of the songs so I simply nodded along.

After awhile, Myungsoo lowered the volume. I looked at him, quizzically.

"Since it'll take awhile to get there, I'll teach you to recognize some kpop groups by their songs," Myungsoo explained.

I realised that this was one way I could find out more about Myungsoo, by showing some interest in the things he likes. Since he was interested in music and kpop, I didn't see the harm in showing some interest in them too.

"Ok. Go ahead."

Myungsoo smiled and turned the volume up again. A new song blasted through the car.

Just for one day I would like to be the bed in your room, oh baby
I want to hold you in my chest more warmly.

"This is a song titled 'Hug' by a group called DBSK. This group started in 2003. In 2010, 3 members left and formed a new group called JYJ..."

Myungsoo continued on in the same manner for most of the journey. He talked about older groups like Shinhwa, Super Junior, 2pm and Wonder girls as well as newer groups like Got7, Twice, Seventeen and AOA.

"And this is my personal favorite." Myungsoo turned up the radio.

I watched over your love and the long farewell
If you're hurting, I rather take the pain for you

"This is a group called Infinite. They started back in 2010. There are 7 members in this group. Their names are Sungkyu, Woohyun, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sung Jong and...L"

I nodded.

"Why are they your favourite?" I asked.

"Because..."

Myungsoo seemed at a lost for words.

"Are their songs good?" I asked.

"They're great!" Myungsoo said enthusiastically. "Their songs are really meaningful and their dances are really cool! Do you know that they are known as a kpop group with the most synchronised dance?"

He went on and on, talking about the different members in Infinite, their songs and their different album concepts. It was the first time I've seen him so animated.

"You really like Infinite, huh?" I asked him.

Myungsoo hesitated. "Well..I don't know if I should tell you this but..."

I stared at him, curious as to what he was so hesitant to say.

"I...I..I'm really close to some of the members in Infinite," he admitted.

I raised my eyebrows. "Really? Which ones?"

"I..." he faltered.

"And here you call them your 'close' friends. You can't even remember their names," I teased.

"I do!" Myungsoo insisted. "Why am I arguing with you about this anyway? I'm sure you don't remember their names either!"

"I do too! There was Sungkyu..um..Dongjoon...Woo bin?"

Myungsoo laughed.

"See? You don't remember their names, just like I said," he smirked.

I folded my hands and stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed and shook his head.

I looked around and noticed we were driving into a big parking lot.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"You'll see," Myungsoo said mysteriously.

He found a parking spot and got off the car. We then hopped onto a bus that was parked not too far away.

After a few minutes, the bus stopped in front of a huge entrance.

Myungsoo smiled at me as I stared at the words written over the entrance.

"Welcome to Everland!"