Chapter 4

I glanced at my watch. 9.45am. 15 minutes early.

I was standing at the parking lot near the entance to Nami island. There were a lot of tourists around and I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to see Myungsoo in this crowd.

I hopped nervously from one foot to the other. Would he show up? Did he remember our plans to meet here at 10?

It was 2 minutes to 10 when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around to see Myungsoo in his signature all-black outfit with his mask, sunglasses and cap. He carried a backpack and had a DSLR camera slung around his neck.

"Sorry. Been waiting long?"

I shook my head and held up my
camera.

"Ready to take some pictures, photo buddy?"

He nodded and we started walking towards the entrance where we had to pass under an archway with the words 'Immigration' on it to wait for the ferry.

Just before we reached the Immigration sign, I glanced up and saw a tower-like structure with zip lines connected from the tower to Nami island.

I tugged on Myungsoo's sleeve and pointed at the tower. He glanced up. His jaw dropped when he saw the 80 meter high structure.

"You wanna ride THAT to the island?"

I nodded. "It might be fun and it's one way to beat the crowds." I pointed at the ferry packed with people.

"But - but it's so high up..and it costs ₩38,000 per person!!"

I shrugged.

"Well, you can take the ferry then. I wanna have some fun. See you on the island."

I started walking towards the tower when Myungsoo reached out and tugged on my backpack.

"Hold on. I didn't say I wasn't going to ride it."

He proceeded to tighten the straps on his backpack and headed towards the tower.

I rolled my eyes and ran after him. "Show-off" I mumbled.

We climbed up the steps to the top of the tower where a staff member gave us a run down on the rules of using the zip line.

We forked over our money and another staff member strapped us in side by side.

Myungsoo glanced at me nervously.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

I glanced at the water below me. I never realized it was so high up... But we already made it this far. I lifted my head up.

"Yes, let's do this," I said, firmly.

A staff member counted down.

3, 2, 1...

Time seemed to stop as the doors opened and Myungsoo and I started to slide down the wire.

I squeezed my eyes shut as the wind ripped through my hair.

After a few seconds, I slowly opened my eyes and was amazed at the view around me.

The sun was glinting off the water around me and the trees were in different shades of browns, yellows and reds.

"Are you seeing this?" I shouted to Myungsoo who was lagging slightly behind me.

When I didn't get a reply, I turned around and saw him holding the camera up to his face, taking pictures of the scenery.

I laughed and held up my own camera.

After a minute and a half, we reached the end and staff members helped us out of our gear.

Our legs felt numb after the ride and we stumbled and fell on top of each other.

"That was pretty fun," Myungsoo grinned as he helped me up.

"And this is just the beginning." I grinned back at him.