Chapter 26

It was a Friday morning and there was a huge crowd of people trying to enter the Music Bank hall. I decided to attend the pre-recording since there will be less people and I wouldn't have felt as lost in the crowd.

I noticed that there was a certain order to enter the hall. The fans that were at the front of the line had a special fan club ID and were holding Infinite's latest album. Those after them were also holding the album but did not have a special ID. Finally, the ones at the back were mostly empty-handed.

I gulped as I realised some of the fans at the very end of the line were being told to leave. Probably because the hall was not big enough to accommodate the number of fans. I was thankful that Myungsoo gave me a special pass. If he hadn't, I probably wouldn't have been able to enter.

I showed the fan staff my pass and he stepped aside, letting me into the hall. I clutched my homemade Myungsoo sign nervously as I headed to the seats nearer to the stage. SaRang helped me make a big sign that said 'I Love Myungsoo!' in bright letters on a black piece of cardboard.

I picked an aisle seat in the second row from the stage and watched as a few stage staff fussed over the lighting and speakers.

The fans slowly trickled in, taking their seats and talking excitedly among themselves.

Soon, the whole hall was packed. The girl who sat next to me was taking selfies. Probably to show her friends that she made it into the pre-recording.

After the fans have found their seats, they closed the doors and the lights in the hall dimmed. The spotlights came on, flashing a variety of colors as the Infinite members made their way onto the stage. I spotted Myungsoo wearing a white suit and a blue coat, waving at the fans.

The members took their positions as the music came to a start. The fans cheered wildly, waving their lightsticks.

As the song went on, I began to realize that there was a certain chant where the fans will start singing certain portions of the song and screaming out the members' names. Not knowing how the chant went, I resigned myself to just cheering wildly as the members danced effortlessly across the stage.

Since this was a pre-recording, they had to do quite a few takes to get shots from different angles. The fans stayed enthusiastic as the song played over and over again, showing their support for their beloved idol group.

Finally, the song ended for the last time. The Infinite members were sweating and breathing hard but they put on their best smiles and waved at the crowd, thanking them for coming.

Woohyun, Sungjong and Dongwoo sat at the edge of the stage and started talking to some fans. Hoya was in a corner, drinking a bottle of water while Sunggyu and Sungyeol talked among themselves.

I looked at Myungsoo to see he was scanning the crowd as if looking for someone. I laughed as I realized that he was looking for me and waved my Myungsoo sign so that he could spot me.

Once he saw me, he broke into a huge grin. He tilted his head slightly, motioning for me to meet him at the side of the stage that was away from all the lights.

I got up and headed towards the side of the hall. When I got there, Myungsoo was speaking to one of the crew members. The man nodded and walked off.

After a few minutes, a door to my right opened and the crew member that Myungsoo was speaking to motioned for me to enter. I entered the door to see Myungsoo walking towards me.

"Nice sign," he teased, taking the homemade sign from me. I laughed and gave him a quick hug.

"You were awesome up there," I told him.

"I'm glad you think so," Myungsoo grinned and gently kissed me on my forehead. "Thanks for coming. It means a lot to me."

"Of course I'd be here. I have to support my boyfriend, right?"

Myungsoo laughed. "Well, I have not been a very good boyfriend lately. I've been too busy and have not been spending time with my girlfriend," he said with a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

I laughed. "Then let's go on a trip or something! We can take photos together again."

Myungsoo frowned. "I have a few more weeks of promotions and another tour after that," he groaned. "But I'll clear some time before the tour begins. I promise I'll take you out on a proper date before I leave."

I felt my heart drop at the prospect of Myungsoo leaving again but I didn't want him to know how disappointed I was. So I pasted a smile on my face.

"I'll look forward to it!"