Final Chapter

The address written on the card was quite secluded. It seemed to be just a small clearing surrounded by lots of trees in one of the parks. I guessed Myungsoo wanted me to meet him there so that we were away from any prying eyes.

I stepped carefully as it was dark and the ground was covered with leaves and dried twigs. I wondered why Myungsoo wanted to meet me this late at night. It was hard to see exactly where I was going and I didn't think to bring a flashlight.

Suddenly, I spotted a small flickering light on the ground. I bent down to inspect it and found that it was one of the plastic LED lights that was made to look like a candle. I looked up to see a path was made with dozens of the flame-less candles.

I gently put the candle back down and followed the now brightly lit path, the dried leaves crunching beneath my shoes.

As I got closer to the clearing, I could hear the faint sound of the strumming of a guitar. Curious, I quicken my pace and at last ended up at the clearing.

Myungsoo was there as expected, strumming his guitar. When he caught sight of me, he smiled and started walking towards me. As he got nearer, he started singing, his beautiful voice filling the air.

Have you put me into your two eyes that sparkle at sunset
Will that white hand of yours that made my heart flutter catch me again?
You're the one who made me shine as I was walking through the pitch-black night

I'll try again
I'll do better
I won't let go of the hope you gave me
I will find the sky we drew together
The world we'll walk in together
Would you watch over me a bit more?
It's all for you

The song was beautiful and seemed to capture his emotions perfectly. I felt tears roll down my cheeks as he came to a stop right in front of me, tears streaming down his face as well.

The song came to an end and he gently laid his guitar on the ground. We stared silently at each other for awhile, trying to work out what to say to each other.

"I-I don't even know where to start," Myungsoo said, shaking his head. Hearing the sadness in his voice, I felt my heart drop. I knew it was my fault he was so upset. I closed the short distance between us and enveloped him in a hug.

"N-nana?" Myungsoo was shocked at my sudden display of affection.

"I'm sorry...for not letting you explain yourself that day when you came to visit me. Although you have just got back from the world tour, you came straight to see me and even ran halfway to my house. But instead of listening to you, I turned you away. This is all my fault," I told him.

"No!" Myungsoo pulled away slightly so that he was looking me in the eye. "It's not your fault! Don't ever blame yourself for what happened!"

Myungsoo sighed. "It's true that I didn't understand why you were so mad but after talking to Woohyun and Sunggyu yesterday and finding out about all the things you've been through, I was mad at myself too."

"I shouldn't have just assumed you understood the situation and when I thought about it, I would have been really hurt as well if I found out you denied our relationship. At the time when the reporters were hounding me, I panicked and said something I shouldn't have. I'm sorry."

I shook my head. "Sunggyu and Woohyun made it clear that you did what you thought was best."

"Yeah, but I should have thought about how that would make you feel. And when I found out the Inspirits were bothering you because of what I said, I felt terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through all that," Myungsoo gave me a sad smile.

"Don't worry. It's all in the past now. The fans have stopped bothering me...most of the time."

Myungsoo's eyes widened. "Do you mean to say there are still some fans that are bothering you?"

I laughed. "Nothing I can't handle. I should thank you though. You've made me a stronger person," I teased, flexing my muscles.

Myungsoo chuckled. "You were already strong to begin with. You were the one who brought me out of my slump after all."

" You were in a slump?" I asked, astonished.

"Yeah, didn't I tell you?" Myungsoo asked. "There are more and more talented groups debuting and the competition is fierce. We were losing fans as people became more interested in the newer groups. Our songs are not as popular as they once were and I felt like no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't good enough," Myungsoo explained.

"All the other Infinite members told me it was silly to think this way but I can't help feeling as if I was dragging the group down. I'm practicing harder and I'm even taking up acting now but it's not enough to boost the popularity of our group."

"So the members told me to take a break. To just do what I enjoyed doing and let go of all my worries. So I decided to grab my camera and head to a spot that would have less people and where I could feel closer to nature. I remembered someone telling me about a secret spot where there was a beautiful waterfall that not many people knew about."

Myungsoo smiled at me. "And that's where I met you," he said, softly. I felt my cheeks turn red as he gazed gently at me.

"I have to admit I was a bit annoyed to see you there. I thought you would recognize me and I would have to leave immediately," he said, sheepishly. "But then I realized that you were so absorbed with taking pictures of the waterfall that you didn't even notice I was standing nearby. Well, until you walked right into me."

I laughed. "Yeah, sorry about that."

Myungsoo smiled. "And when you made that comment about bringing the waterfall home...it was the first time in a long while that I actually laughed. When I was with you, I forgot about all my problems. I felt that I could be me...and that was okay. I didn't have to try so hard to be someone I'm not."

"Of course not. You're perfect the way you are," I assured him.

We gazed at each other, the wind rustling the leaves softly. It felt like there were only the two of us in the world.

Finally, I cleared my throat. "So what happens now? Can there even still be an 'us' with everything that happened?" I asked, sadly.

Myungsoo jumped as if he had been shocked. "Of course there can be an 'us'" he assured me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Nana, I know I've been a terrible boyfriend but I've learned my lesson. I know there will be many obstacles when you're dating an idol," he grimaced.

"I've planned to tell the company to announce our relationship and make it public so that no one can accuse you of being an 'Attention Seeker'. But of course, the press will start hounding you. Everything you do will be made public. Will you be able to handle all that attention?"

I smiled. "Of course. It's a small price to pay to be with someone like you."

Myungsoo hugged me tightly. "I promise I'll be there to protect you as much as I can. There will be days when I'm busy with my various schedules but I'll do my best so that you will not be inconvenienced in anyway. Will you let me protect you?"

I cupped his face in my hands. "I will if you can promise me one thing."

"What is that?" he asked.

"No matter what happens and whatever obstacles we have to go through from now on, we will get through them together."

Myungsoo grinned. "Deal!"

He leaned in for a sweet kiss to seal the deal. And I knew that no matter what happens with the reporters and the fans, I will be able to stand strong and get through it if Myungsoo was with me. My photo buddy, my best friend and my boyfriend. My secret superstar.