Chapter 19

Our flight was at 9 a.m. Myungsoo picked me up from my house at 6.30 a.m. so that we had enough time to check in our baggage and get a quick breakfast at the airport.

"Have you ever been to Jeju Island before?" Myungsoo asked, taking a bite of the sandwich we bought from the convenience store.

I shook my head. "Nope. I made plans to visit a couple of times but something always came up. I heard there's lots of great places to take photos in Jeju."

Myungsoo nodded. "Yeah. There are. Maybe we can drop by some of those places before my meeting."

"Do you travel often?" I asked him.

"Quite a fair bit."

"So this must be pretty normal for you. Getting on a plane and stuff like that."

Myungsoo turned to look at me. "Well, this is a first time flying with my girlfriend so I guess you can say it's pretty special for me too."

I felt my cheeks reddened. "Come on, let's get to the gate before we miss our flight."

Myungsoo smiled and nodded as we headed towards the gate.

We boarded the plane and I went to find my seat.

"Hold on," Myungsoo called out to me. "Come over here."

Curious, I went over to where he was whispering to a flight attendant. He turned and grinned at me as I approached.

"Please follow me," the flight attendant nodded at us. She led us to another section of the plane where the seats were bigger and more fancier.

"Welcome to first class," she nodded at us.

I looked over at Myungsoo, confused. He laughed at my expression. "I took the liberty of changing our seats to first class. Come on. Have a seat."

"But.. I cant afford first class!" I panicked.

"Relax.. I got you covered," Myungsoo assured me.

"But I can't-"

"No buts. Sit." I sat obediently.

"Now just enjoy the flight," he smiled. "I just want to make sure that your first flight is a comfortable one."

I smiled at him as he took his seat next to mine.

There was a TV and a recliner seat. The seat was so comfortable that I took the time to take a short nap since we were up so early in the morning.

After an hour or so, we landed in Jeju Island. The first thing I noticed was that the air was a lot cooler there and people seems to be a bit more laid back. It was a nice change of pace away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

We took a taxi to our hotel. It was a small and simple hotel, but comfortable nevertheless.

Myungsoo checked in at the counter and passed a set of keys to me. "Your room is next to mine so let me know if you need anything."

I nodded, taking the set of keys from him.

My room was small and cozy with a balcony overlooking the front of the hotel. Just as I have unpacked a bit, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door to find Myungsoo there, dressed in a shirt and jeans with his cap and mask.

"Are you hungry? I was thinking maybe we could grab some lunch and head over to Sunrise Peak to take some photos."

"Sure. Where are we going to eat?" I asked.

"Well.. Have you ever tried black pork?"

I stared at him, blankly. "Black pork? You mean the meat is black?"

Myungsoo laughed. "Not exactly. It's just that the meat comes from pigs that are black in color. Black pigs are pretty common in Jeju."

"Um.. Okay.. How does 'black pork' taste like?"

Myungsoo smiled and took my hand. "Why don't you tell me? Let's go get some pork."