Chapter 29

Since the article was released, I rarely left my house. My picture was all over the internet and Inspirits recognized me wherever I went. They will throw pebbles at me, calling me all kinds of foul names. Some of the fans even sprayed paint on the front door of the bookshop I worked in. My employer has made me lay off from work until this whole incident dies down.

At first, I couldn't understand why the fans were so angry with me since Woolim Entertainment and even Myungsoo himself has denied our relationship. But looking through the fans' post on the internet, I realized I was being called the 'Attention Seeker'. I was accused of getting close to Myungsoo just to get attention and whatever fame and fortune that followed. The denial of our relationship made the fans all the more angry with me.

SaRang was the only one who dropped by once in awhile to bring me snacks and assure me that this whole issue will die down. I was pretty doubtful about it as it had been a few months since the article was released but fans still recognized me when I went to the shops to get groceries. I'd be lucky if the fans I encountered just gave me hateful glares instead of throwing stuff at me.  

I swallowed my tears as I tossed and turned in bed. Myungsoo has tried to call me a few times but I refused to answer him and eventually turned off my phone. I didn't think I had the strength to listen to his excuses. 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I hesitated getting it since I was afraid that it was one of the angry fans. The knock came again, louder this time. I took a deep breath and yanked the door open, bracing myself for a face full of rotten eggs.

Instead, it was the last person that I wanted to see. Myungsoo was panting heavily as if he had ran the whole way here.

"Nana..." he said between huge gulps of air. I folded my arms and glared at him. "What are you doing here?" I asked, coldly.

"You weren't answering my calls," Myungsoo replied. "I just got back from the tour and took a cab here straight from the airport. But there was an accident further up and all the cars are at a standstill, so I got out of the cab and ran the rest of the way here."

"And?" I asked him. "Are you expecting me to apologize for that?"

"Nana?" Myungsoo looked at me, confused. "I just wanted to check if you were alright. I saw the article and was afraid you'd be upset."

I laughed, bitterly. "Upset? Why would I be upset? I'm just fine and dandy so you can go back to where you came from and leave me alone!"

"It doesn't sound like you're fine," Myungsoo said quietly. "Talk to me, Nana. Why are you upset? What has been going on?"

I sighed, exasperated by his ignorance. "Did you even consider my feelings when you lied?"

"I lied?"

I felt my temper rising. I couldn't believe how ignorant he could be. 

"Yes, you lied!" I yelled at him. "You lied about us! You lied about the fact that I'm your girlfriend! Tell me, Myungsoo, was everything a lie? Was all the time we spent together a lie? Was it a lie when you told me you love me?"

Myungsoo sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I felt my heart skip a beat and got angry with myself for still being attracted to every little thing he does.

"I...thought you'd understand," he said softly. 

"You'd thought I'd understand? Well, sorry for not being more understanding," I said, sarcastically. 

Myungsoo shook his head. "I shouldn't have come here," he said, frustrated.

"Nobody's stopping you from leaving," I told him.

He looked at me and I felt my breath catch in my throat as I saw a mixture of emotions reflected in his eyes. Among them were confusion but also hurt. 

Before I could say anything, he simply nodded and walked off. I sank to the floor and burst into tears even as I felt my heart break into a million pieces.