Chapter 10: God's Will

Midori POV

It was early when I rose this morning. I sat with Yoon and helped him make meat buns while the other lazy butts slept.

It wasn't surprising that Hak rose before Yona.

"Morning," Hak said sitting on the floor of the hut which was elevated off the ground where Yoon and I were cooking.

"Mornin'," I replied still cooking.

"Where are we?"

I picked up a basket and passed it to Yoon, "The valley we fell into after fighting Lord Coward."

Hak rolled his eyes but otherwise didn't address the matter.

I had something I wanted to discuss anyway, "Ne~ Hak?"

I could see that he knew something was coming, but he wasn't sure what it was, "Whenever you start out a conversation like that it never ends up good for me."

Yoon looked up and decided that it was a perfect time to take a break from cooking, "Now, I'm interested. You said he was your brother?"

"Yep."

Hak glanced at Yoon, "Who's this?"

Yoon and I answered at the same time, "Yoon."

"Ah, that tells me so much."

"You're not getting out of what I'm about to ask you."

"Crap." Snickering came from our spectator Yoon.

"Ne, ne, has your fever dropped since you checked it last night?" He turned red immediately.

"Eh?" Yoon, of course, didn't see what happened because he was asleep.

I giggled, "Does Yona have a hard head, Hak?"

There was a growl that didn't seem very menacing because of how red Hak was, "Midori."

"Hak-nii~ You can't attract a woman by calling her crying face ugly~" Yoon was snickering now.

"Midori!" Hak was trying to strangle me.

Luckily, Yona came out awake and stopped him from doing so, "Midori, what did you do? Hak just woke up and he's already trying to strangle you."

"Saa naa~" I stopped my teasing for now, helping Yoon who once again to prepare the rest of the food.

It would have done some good if Hak wasn't eating right out of the basket. I let it go for now though as Yona explained in more detail of where we were, "The priest's house? Here?"

"Mmhm!" Yona said happily.

Hak kept eating, "Aren't we lucky? But you know, since the priest was supposed to be living in seclusion, I thought it'd look more like a shrine."

Seeing Hak eating made me hungry, so I too ate a meat bun. "Hold on!" Yoon caught Hak in the act. "Don't just eat whatever you want!" He caught me too, but I didn't care, food is life, "You too! At first I thought there was no way you two could be siblings, but now!"

Hak took it upon himself to say, "Oh High Priest," he clasped his ands together as if he wasn't being a sarcastic twat right now, "thank you for your hospitality."

"I'm not a priest!"

~~~~~

Yona had disappeared a while ago, and Yoon, Hak, and I found her and Ik-su by the waterfall, "Lord priest?"

Ik-su was speaking to Yona, "If you just desire to live straight on ahead. . . If you want to live. . . I will convey the voice of God to you."

The three of us were quiet upon coming up to Yona and the priest, we were waiting for something to happen.