Chapter 19:

Midori POV

We had been taken back to our 'accommodations' for the night. I also feel as though I should mention I am wearing a hooded cloak right now because we don't want to add any more suspicions onto what Kija had already set upon us. So, yeah, hood.

I sat on the ground beside Hak. It was really the only way we could stretch out, since the room wasn't very wide. My ankle was pulsating, as I was not off of it since I stomped away from Kija a few days ago.

I really did think we were going to wait a little while before going exploring. Either that, or the pain was making me delusional.

But no, we apparently were not waiting, since Yoon stood up and stretched, "Well, we know this Seiryuu guy is here, right? So, let's go while nobody's around."

Yona then spoke, "But they said this place was a maze, will we be alright?"

"Yona," Yoon spoke, "I'm a genius pretty boy! I'll draw a map as we go!"

The rest of the group, including myself applauded Yoon, in partially awe and partially in sarcasm, letting out a resounding, "OoOo!"

As I was the furthest in the room, I didn't even attempt to get up with everyone else, and waited until they were all out before trying to force myself up.

Key word: TRYING

Eventually, I managed to pull myself up by my apparently-still-in-shape arm strength. I did this by bending my knees to keep my feet off the ground.

Finally up, I lean against the wall on my right, and use the wall as my crutch.

.........I know what you're thinking. Why do you hurt so much now, Midori? Because I stopped moving AND sat down, thus dropping my adrenaline and causing me to feel all my pain.

So, I finally got out of the tiny room. My ankle throbbed, and I thought the process I just went through wasn't very long.

Today I can never be right, so it seems.

Yoon and the others were well gone, and did I know what path to take? No.

Was I smart and stayed put, giving my ankle a rest? No.

And, since I was in such a great mind state, I trotted off in a random direction, hoping I went down the one that would allow me to meet up with my group.

~~~~~~

It's been quite a while, and I still hadn't reached anybody, not even the people of the village. I feel like I've been walking down the same passageway for hours.

Only to end up at a dead end.

My fruitless search got rid of any kind of determination I had, so I unceremoniously plopped myself onto the ground.

With my back to the dead end, I glanced to my left. There was a thin line at which I was keeping up with where I'd already been on the wall. I was softly humming to myself as I felt myself drifting into a light slumber.

~~~~~~

When I awoke, I was in a different place then I was before, and my ankle was still throbbing.

I was also covered in this fur-type-thing. I tried to move my right foot out from under the-ah-'blanket', but the severity of the pain restricted my actions.

The room was dimly lit, but at least had room to lay out for more than one person if needed.

Footsteps resounded throughout the cavern coming closer.

Though stiff with pain and anxiousness, I tried to hide myself within the blob of fur draped over me.

Because, ya' know, that's totally the best (well, only if you want to be technical) hiding spot.

Whilst burying myself within the fur-blob, the person entered the room. The person lingered at the door (if you wanted to call the opening that), then strode forward to me.

A hand was placed on top of my head (the blob may be big, but alas, it was not big enough) causing me to look up.

Our eyes met, his through the mask he wore. There was only one word we could utter to each other because there was nothing else, "Sei. . .ryuu?"
___________________________
You guys must hate me. . .

I completely understand, I'd be mad too.

But FYI: Senior Year is STRESSFUL!

College applications, college visits, FASFA, Dual Credit, Journalism (I'm editor-in-chief, yay stress), Senior Trip planning, Senior Class ANYTHING.

Art's okay though. . . So is Computer Science & Web Design. . . Accounting isn't real hard either. . .

Okay~ done ranting!

So, I've done all sorts of things since school started, but I didn't update because I'm working on Saturdays. I barely make my Odyssey deadline as it is 😩.

Oh well.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter,

~Ashley