Chapter 12: Yoon & I Get Dragged to Hakuryuu Village

Midori POV

"It's been a while, kid," said a stranger who had known Yoon. "I've been waiting for your medicine."

"Do you have any rice, old man?" Yoon and the man were trading supplies so we could, you know, eat.

"It's rare to see you with someone else." The man looked from me to Hak, "Who are they?"

"I'm his business partner," Hak said. He was carrying Yona in a bag full of 'clothes'.

The old man turned to me for my answer. I blinked, then used the cover story that Hak and I agreed on if we ever were questioned as to why we were together at any place other than the castle, "Ah," I pointed to Hak, "I'm his girlfriend."

Yoon coughed in surprise from my assumed position, and I noticed Yona slightly squirm in the bag, but not enough for the old man to see.

"Is that so?" Asked the old man. Hak and I nodded in response, he must've thought I'd use that excuse. "What's your boyfriend's favorite color?"

I blinked, "Easy. He obviously wears blue, so you'd think that was it, but really, his favorite color is a red color. Reminds him of the dawn."

Hak was slightly red. I was right, of course, but I'm pretty sure he got what I was alluding to (*cough*Yona's hair*cough*).

The old man looked to my blushing brother for conformation, and Hak nodded proving I was right.

Yoon stood beside me, trying to contain his snickering. I wore a proud look on my face. Hak always loved blue, but the more time I spent with him, the more time I realized how much of an influence Yona had on him.

~~~~~

Once we were a good ways away from civilization, Yona was let out of the bag, and boy was she mad. It was Hak's fault though.

"Hime-san," Hak tried to talk to her, "Hiiiiimmeee-sannnnn?" Yoon and I walked at the same pace watching this all play out, "What are you so mad about? Is it because I packed you into a bag and carried you over my shoulder? Is it because I lied and said there were clothes in the bag? Is it because I felt up all the good stuff in the bag?"

Yoon and I snickered as Yona clenched her fist and growled, "Everything!" She then tried to hit my idiot brother, but he kept evading her attacks.

"The bag that was supposed to have clothes was squirming around, I thought we were almost found out," Yoon said ranting out his nervousness.

"Ah, sorry," I said suddenly, grabbing everyone's attention, "that was partially my fault."

"That reminds me," Yoon glanced at me suspiciously, "why did you say you two were dating? You're brother and sister."

Hak and I gave a blank look, "It's our go-to cover story."

Yoon sighed, "But why?"

"We don't look like we're siblings, and it would make more since for me to travel with Hak if I were to be dating him rather than being his sister."

Hak nodded, "We know basically everything about each other, so we can easily answer questions presented to us like the old man did to Midori."

"Basically?" Yoon prodded.

Hak looked at me to answer, but decided to do so himself because I adverted my gaze away from him, "Midori had a rough past, and still can't tell me about all of it."

"Oh," Yoon said, his voice laced with regret. We had an awkward silence before Yoon moved on, "We stand out too much. This place is near the fire tribe capital, do you know how bad things will get if we get caught?"