Chapter 34: A Dream-Like Plane

Midori's POV

I had never been more at peace then I was in this cloudy plane. I was still face-to-face with the dragon that was the color of sapphires.

"Why am I here?" I said, accepting that I was stuck here for the time being.

It came closer, but stopped as I tried to step back and wound up on the cloud-like ground of this realm, "Something had to be done. . . You were giving up. . ."

I looked at my lap in sadness. I knew that was it, "What was I supposed to do?" I closed my eyes and sighed, "No, that's not a good question. I know that I shouldn't give up. It's just . . ." I pause before looking to the dragon who curled itself down to join me sitting on the ground, ". . . How do I keep going? You say it's worth it, and yet, what am I to do to get there?"

"Everything happens for a reason."

I mutter bitterly, "I don't expect you to understand how a human feels - well, as much of a human that I am."

There was a sigh from the dragon and he spoke with slight annoyance, "You're right. I don't understand the feelings of a human, but perhaps your ancestors will better understand you." 

I quickly looked up to meet the dragon's icy gaze, "I - I didn't mean -"

A sigh and chuckle left the dragon, "I know. You forget, we are connected, but I am serious about meeting your ancestors." He pushed himself up onto his four limbs  and curled itself around me, "Come, girl of the Seiryuu, those before you await your arrival."

~~~~~

3rd Person POV

The base where Kumuji currently resided in was just as dark and dank as the room that Midori stayed. Currently, two guards were on their way to get that very person lying unconscious in her cell.

"Why do we have to deal with the whore?"

"Oh, get over it," snapped the guard's partner, "at least we got a decent job. All we have to do is make sure she lives until we can get her to the boat."

There was a scoff that erupted from the first guard, "It may be decent, but it's just . . ."

"Look, we're already here," pointed out the second guard, retrieving his keys from his belt.  After finding the right one, he spoke again placing the key into the door and turning it, "This job'll be over soon, especially if - !"

There was a gasp, and the two looked to each other. 

"Is she dead?" First.

"I don't think so." Second.

The second guard moved into the cell, grasping for the prisoner's arm, struggling to find a pulse, "It's really faint."

"Well, is there - !"

"She's alive!"

The first guard sighed in relief, "Thank goodness! Now, let's grab her and get out of here."

~~~~~

Midori's POV

I sat on the dragon's back, watching in wonder as the clouds around us began to change colors, "The clouds are turning blue . . ."

There was a hint of laughter from my ride, "What did you expect? We are going to see the other BLUE dragon warriors."

I was in a slightly happier mood, so I was able to comment, "Oh, ha, ha."

A serine quiet drifted over the two of us as we began to descend. Now that I was fully aware we were going to meet people, I realized that I may not look my best. I quickly look down at myself. I stared in surprise as I now realized that I was in a loose white gown and comfortable white slippers, "Freaky . . ."