Chapter 59: When Drama Ensues . . .

Midori's POV

I smirked, "And here I thought that my senses were wrong. But I guess they were not . . . were they, Ouryuu-san?"

A bright smile was sent my way, but he, instead of speaking, dragged me over to where the others - in the white cloaks - were sitting. As the two of us arrived, Zeno announced, "Zeno is back," he must have caught Yoon's deadly stare, as he followed up with, "and he brought Miss Midori."

It took a total of five seconds for the group to register what was said.

After those five seconds, I was almost knocked to the ground - between Yoon, Yona, Kija, and Shin-ah all trying to hug me. I laughed softly - trying to regain my balance - before speaking,  "Missed me?"

After somehow convincing the four who were on top of me to get off of me, I gave each of them a hug before turning towards the two who didn't try to tackle me. As I hugged Jae-ha and Hak at the same time, Yoon spoke to Yona, "The only thing I figured out was that even with our faces covered, we still stand out."

I laughed softly, causing everyone to turn their attention to me, "I was wondering about the 'group of cloaked people' who were 'harassing people for information' about the Fire Tribe's Soldiers that I had been constantly hearing about." As Yoon turned to lecture everyone, I added quickly, "The cloaks seem to be doing their job, though. I hadn't heard anything about y'all's physical traits."

Yoon turned to ask me a question, "Midori, wha -?"

"You're also gathering information," Hak said, speaking up, "aren't you, Midori?"

"Yep," I said, shrugging. It didn't really surprise me that he could figure that out, I wasn't exactly being discrete, and I was also walking around in Fire Tribe clothing.

Yoon turned to me, "Have anything, Midori?"

I shook my head, "I don't even really know what's going on. Can't find anyone to tell me. Though, I had yet to make it into the back alleys. I guess I could thank Zeno for that."

"Zeno is happy to have helped the Miss!"

Yoon nodded, "Well, regardless, it seems that nothing has changed. I, honestly think it's too dangerous for us to be here, Yona."

"I agree," I spoke quietly, "this may be a good place to hide, and the best place for information, but you've got to be careful. For now, it may be best to get off of everyone's radar." I slowly tipped back my glass, drinking some of the alcohol.

I could feel a glare of judgement from my right, and I could see that Hak didn't seem too happy with me drinking. So, being the kind and annoying sister that I am, I held eye contact as I tipped the drink further, taking a larger gulp of the drink.

Yona looked down sadly, "I know . . . it's just . . . The soldiers that we saw in Kai, as well as in Sen province's Li Hazara's appearance . . ."

I coughed in surprise, barely keeping down the drink, "W . . . what?"

Yoon looked around us, then beckoned me closer to the group as he whispered, "We were just recently in Kai to find some type of herb to help the Fire Tribe. All was well, and we did find the herb, but . . ."

Hak took over, speaking just as low as Yoon, "We caught sight of Fire Tribe soldiers within Kai Empire territory. Not only that, but just before we left, we caught sight of Li Hazara coming from Kouka's borders."

Just as Hak finished explaining the situation, the door to the bar was slammed open, and a young, Fire Tribe citizen was found laying in the doorway. There were many drunks crowding him, but he was quick to announce, "It's . . . It's a disaster. . . K . . . Kai Empire . . . All of Kai Empire's troops have . . . Broken through the border!" Our entire group was shocked into stillness, "They've come to invade Kouka!"

Those of Us AloneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara