Chapter 3: The Hotel

AUTHORS NOTE:

Their ages are 18 nearly 19. And Sam just turned 18 in March, they are about 9 months older than her because she started school early.

Dylan stuck his hand out off the footpath (sidewalk) as he hailed a cab into the lane. We all put our bags in the car and hopped in.

"Where are you going to today?" The cab driver asked.

"Umm... Here's the address" Cole said handing a sheet of paper to the driver.

"The Peninsula eh?" The man said looking in his mirror facing into the back seat. "Hang on a sec, I think I've seen you boys before. Your those twins off that show! What's it name, I forget it!"

"The Suite life on Deck!" Dylan replied.

"Yeah, that's the one. My daughters are massive fans can I have your autographs?"

"Sure" they both said.

I wasn't used to the twins being noticed and asked for autographs. Where we live everyone knows who they are and it's only really when we have a new kid come to the school that I remember that they are famous. To me they are just my best friends, neighbours and kinda like brothers! They both signed a sheet of paper the cab driver handed them and gave it back.

"So, The Peninsula eh? I don't usually get kids your age asking to go to the Peninsula. It's one of the best hotels in New York. 5 stars it gets. Well I guess you guys have the money."

The boys stared blushing and so did I. I didn't know that we were staying at a 5 star hotel. I really should have brought more money.

As we arrived at the drop off section of the hotel there was a man that opened the door to the cab. We all got out and Cole paid for the fare. There was another man getting our luggage out of the back of the car. I could definitely get used to this.

We walked into the hotel lobby. It was like nothing I had seen before. There was around 10 reception decks, each of them gold with what looked like diamonds on them. I then looked up to the roof where there was a dozen diamond chandeliers hanging from it. The floor was so shiny when I looked in it I could see my reflection. Wow! We definitely have nothing like this back in Australia. Well I guess we probably do, my family just doesn't go there.

We all walked up to the reception desk and once again the boys got recognised. The lady asked for their autographs and pretended it was for her nieces. I highly doubt that, her face had gone bright red.

"Sorry about that!" A man said coming from behind the lady at the desk. "I'll handle it from here on Steph. Sorry, she's new here and isn't used to seeing celebrities yet. My name is Robert and what can I do for you today?"

"Oh, we are just here on a holiday and would like to book a room." Dylan said

"Certainly. Do you know what room you would like?" The man replied.

"A room with 3 beds and a couch please!" Dylan said flicking his hair.

"Sure, I'll just go and see what's available." The man said walking off.

When the man came back, he had 3 cards in his hand, I'm assuming to unlock the room that we will be staying in. Someone picked up our bags and started to follow us into the elevator.

The reception man, Robert, showed us how to use our key-cards to open the door and handed us each one of them.

"Enjoy your stay and if there is anything I can help you with feel free to ring the lobby. The number is written down next to the phone."

"Thanks!" Cole replied sitting down on the bed. The man then shut the door quietly as he left the room. "I call this one!" Cole said yelling as he laid back onto the bed closest to window.

"Fine!" I said. "Dylan, which one do you want?" I said politely.

"I don't mind, you choose." He said smiling.

"Okay. I'll have the one in the middle, so I can keep an eye on both of you!" I said, the boys both smiled.

"How about we unpack and then go out and grab some food?" Cole said sitting up.

"Good idea. I'm starving!" Dylan said walking over to his bag to grab his wallet out.

"You ready?" I said looking at the boys with my purse in my hand.

"Yep!" Cole said walking to the door with the key-card in his hand.

"Let's go!" Dylan said.

I'm gonna update a new chapter soon.

I actually wrote a whole new chapter and then it didn't save! Can you believe it! It took me about an hour to write. I will update as soon as possible and when I remember the 'lost chapter.'

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it :)