Chapter 7: Friendship

We sat in the restrauant eating our meals with Emily and I sitting on one side of the retro styled booth and Cole and Dylan on the other side. It was all fairly quiet and normal.

Until.... when Dylan leaned his hand towards the middle of the table to grab a napkin, he managed to clip the edge of his drink and spill it all over me. I quickly sat up and grabed the napkin that was in his hand. I tried wiping the coke, but you could still see the outline of it on my dress. I stormed off to go to the bathroom to try and clean it up.

I walked into the bathroom and quickly grabbed a paper towel, before running some water over it. I started to dab my dress softly. The stain started to fade as Emily walked through the bathroom door.

"Are you okay Sam?" Emily asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just trying to get rid of the coke before it stains, this is a new dress," I said gesturing down towards my dress.

"Here let me help," said Emily with a warm smile.

I tried to object but she insisted. She took the towel out of my hand a started dabbing, then wiping. Within a few minutes, it was all gone. You couldn't see the stain of the coke anywhere, although my dress was a little bit wet, but that didn't matter.

"So Sam, I was wondering." Emily said as she through the paper towel into bin.

"Maybe tomorrow you might want to go shopping, without the boys?" She asked me.

"Umm... Okay! That would be wonderful, thank you." I said with a smile on my face going in for a hug with her.

"We better not keep those crazy boys waiting any longer. Let go!" Emily said grabbing my hand and walking towards the door.

"Are you okay Sam?" Dylan said standing up, as both Emily and I walked over to the booth to sit down.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to spill the drink, it was an accident." Dylan said with a cautious look on his face.

"It's okay Dyl, I know it was an accident." I said back to him, grabbing his hand that was on the table, and stopping it from shaking. Dylan's face loosened up as a smile finally came onto his face.

"Boys, Sam and I have decided to have a girls only shopping trip tomorrow. I have interviews in the afternoon, but I guess we could go in the morning as soon as the mall opens up." Emily said looking at me. I nodded my head back at her in agreement.

"What are we supposed to do then?" Cole said, looking at Emily

"We are in New York City Cole! I'm sure you will think of something." Emily said as we all started to laugh.

"I gueeeess." Cole said slowly as he winked at Emily.

*****THE NEXT DAY*****

"This has been one of the most successful shopping trips I've ever been on. Thank you Emily." I said grinning and giving her a hug.

"That's okay Sam. It was my pleasure." She said taking a bow, as a joke. We both laughed bumping into each other.

"It's really good to hang with someone so normal for once. No one barely noticed me today! Thank you for that Sam."

"I didn't do anything. Anyway it was your wonderful idea to have the girls day out today. And it was relieving to finally talk to someone about my feelings, you really helped me know where I stand."

Emily and I had gotten so close over the past 2 days. She knows so much stuff that I didn't even know about. And because she is famous she is really independent. I like that about her. And I think she likes the fact that I'm still an innocent teenager, who's not famous, but know how famous people's lives work.

"We'd better head back to the hotel, so you don't miss your interview." I said.

"Yeah, I'm sure the boys are also wondering what we have gotten up to for the past 4 hours." We both chuckled.

"I can't find them, can you?" Emily said, as we both search the medium sized hotel room for Cole and Dylan.

"Nope, I can't see them anywhere!" I replied

"NO NEED TO PANIC, WE ARE BACK!!!" Cole said pushing the hotel door open, making it slam into the wall behind it.

Dylan followed closely behind with a smirk on his face. Emily ran up to Cole and gave him a hug, leaving Dylan and I standing there awkwardly.

"Cole, I have to go back to my hotel room and get ready for my interview, do you wanna come?" Emily asked Cole, with her arms wrapped around his neck.

"Sure." Cole replied with a grin on his face turning around to face Dylan.

"Dyl, I'm not sure how long we will be gone."

"That's fine bro, have a good time." Dylan said with that smirky look guys give each other.

"And I guess we will be fine here!" I stated, looking at Cole.

"I know you will, you have my big brother to protect you." Cole replied winking at me. I blushed slightly.

Once Cole and Emily had left, Dylan suggested we watched a movie on the giant flat screen TV that was on the wall. I nodded in agreement.

"We could even get some room service." Dylan said picking up the phone.

"If you insist." I said jokingly in a strong Aussie accent.

We both laid back on the bed in front of the TV, which happened to be my bed.

"You can choose." Dylan said.

"Okay." I said snatching the remote from him, as we both smiled.

"Have you ever seen the good old classic, Notting Hill?" I asked Dylan.

"No I haven't what is it about?"

"Well it's a Romantic-Comedy, about one of the most famous actresses in the world and she falls in love with a normal boy, from you guessed it, Notting Hill. But with a few things in-between." I said laughing.

"Sounds good!" Dylan said leaning back into the pillow on the bed.

"Lets get this movie started!" Dylan said in excitement pressing the play button.

AUTHORS NOTE:

If you haven't already seen Notting Hill. I suggest you watch it. It is a really nice story, with Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts playing the lead.

One of the best classic Rom-Coms from 1998. Don't worry the year it was made, doesn't make the movie look tacky. It is one my my favourite movies ever!

Comment and tell me your thoughts once you have watched it. I would love to know if you liked it :)