Chapter 10: Vegemite Lovers

"I can't be bothered cooking breakfast, do you wanna just have toast?" Dylan asked holding a bag of bread in his hands.

"Yeah okay. I'll have 2 pieces please." I said reaching into my bag.

"Are you always going to have Vegemite on your toast? Don't you get sick of it?" Dylan asked me curiously from across the counter.

"Of course I don't get sick of it! I love Vegemite. Every time I eat it, it reminds me of back home in Australia."

"Well, I guess that's okay then." Dylan said smiling. "But it seriously tastes disgusting!"

"OI! No it does not! How would yoouu feel if I told you I don't like peanut-butter and jelly."

"YOU DONT LIKE PB AND J??!!" Dylan blurted out.

"Haha I never said 'I didn't.' I said 'how would you feel if I said I didn't!' Here, can you at least give Vegemite another go? Maybe your taste buds have changed."

"HAHA , trust me, they haven't." Dylan laughed.

"Well then, I'm taking away your Peanut-butter and Jelly." I said grabbing them off the counter.

"But I neeeeeddd theeemmm!" Dylan pleaded.

"I'm not giving them back until you try Vegemite."

"But I HATE IT!"

"How do you know? You haven't tried it since I moved here from Australia and that was 10years ago!"

"Nup. I am not going to be peer pressured into something that I don't want to do!"

"Fine!" I mumbled as I started to walk away.

"What are you doing now?" Dylan groaned.

"I'm packing! I'm going back home!" I fumed sternly in my Aussie accent.

The look of horror quickly overpowered Dylan's face. He looked like he had just seen someone get shot.

"But you can't. I still have so many things I want to do with you." Dylan said as his eyes watered slightly.

"Please stay!" Dylan said, grabbing my hand and pulling it away from my bag.

"But you won't try the Vegemite."

"I will now, if you promise to unpack your bag and give the PB and J back." Dylan said with puppy dogs eyes.

"Fine but you'll have to catch me first!" I said running around to the opposite side of the kitchen.

"Come here Sammie!" Dylan shouted.

I ran as fast as I could, while holding the jar of Vegemite. I looked across to the opposite side of the counter where Dylan was, thinking of how he could catch me. We both crept slightly to the left, then to the right. Now the chase was on.

"I've you now Sammie!" Dylan shouted.

"Not if I can out run you, Sprouse!" I shouted back at Dylan.

After a few minutes of Dylan chasing me around. I started to get really tired and slow down.

"Ahhhhaa!! I knew I would eventually get you Samantha!" Dylan said grabbing me from behind, spinning me around in the air then, pulling me in by the waist so I was facing him.

Our faces were within inches of each other's. We both looked deeply into each others eyes. I quickly looked away and pretended I wasn't interested in him.

"Sam, I'm not sure why I have never told you this but, you are extremely Beautiful." Dylan said softly pulling me in even closer to him.

I could feel Dylan's staring at me, waiting for me to look at him. I couldn't look away any longer.

My eyes slowly moved back towards his face. Dylan's hand suddenly came up from my back towards the front, as he picked up a loose piece of hair that was dangling in front of my face. He tucked it behind my ear and brought his eye contact back to me.

"Sam, I know we are best-friends....... and I don't want to complicate things but, I'm not sure how much longer I can go without knowing how you feel." Dylan said staring into my eyes.

"Uhhmm..." I muttered. No words were coming out of my mouth, no matter how hard I tried.

"Uuuhhhhhmm....... Dylan look............I really like you but..."

"Here comes the but." Dylan quivered. His eyes started to water and I could see him getting really upset. He started to pull away. But not fast enough.

Before I knew it my lips crashed onto his. We both slowly leaned in, as our lips moved in sync passionately. I put my arms around his neck and Dylan pulled me in tightly so our bodies were touching.

We both leaned away after about 10 seconds. Our faces still extremely close.

"I guess I do like buts!" Dylan said cheekily before leaning in for another kiss as his soft lips crashed onto mine for the second time.