Chapter 20: College

So... to cut the story short; Dylan, Cole and I all got in New York University. We started about a month ago and have settled in quite well. I feel at home in NYC even though it is far from my home. Over the break I went back home to Australia to visit my family and Dylan came with me. My family loved him and my cousins were over the moon that I was dating 'Zack Martin'. Dylan said he loved Australia and can see why everyone always wants to go there for holidays and to live. I took Dylan to Melbourne, where I am from, but we also went to Sydney for a little Holiday by ourselves. We had a great time, it was a well deserved break.

The boy's close cousin, Megan, is coming up from Ohio to visit them this week. She is bringing her 4 kids as well. Dylan and Cole get along really well with Megan and especially her kids. Meghan's husband, Mason, is in L.A for work, so she thought it would be a good chance to come and visit the boys and see how college is going. She also said she wants a chance to get to know me, hopefully I can make a good impression.

~~~~~~

"Knock, knock sexy." I said as I knocked on the door to Dylan and Cole's dorm room.

"I'm sexy now am I?" Cole replied with a smirk on his face, looking up from his computer.

"Haha, well I was talking about Dylan, but now you mention it..." I replied back with a chuckle, walking into their room. "What are you up to?" I asked Dylan as I went and sat on his bed that was next to his desk where he is seated.

"I'm just doing an assignment for video game design class."

"Oooo sounds interesting. What are you doing Cole?" I asked turning to face him who was also sitting at his desk as well.

"I'm messaging Emily." He replied looking over his shoulder with a smile.

"Of course, how is she? I haven't spoken to her for about a week." I asked.

"She's good, she starts filming her new TV show Young & Hungry in 2 days, so she is busy learning her lines."

"Oh yeah, wish her luck from me and tell her I'll message her later today."

"Okay, will do." Cole replied

"What time does Megan's flight get in again?" I asked Dylan.

"Uh, 10am." he replied smiling at me.

"The poor thing, traveling with 4 kids by herself."

"Yeah I know, but I'm sure they'll be on their best behaviour because they are visiting their favourite uncles." Dylan said giving me a wink.

"Hang on, you guys aren't technically their uncles, are you?" I asked generally, hoping for a reply from either of the twins.

"No, but it is easier for them to just call us their uncles." Cole said.

"Plus, we like it!" Dylan added.

"Haha of course you do!" I laughed. "Where are they staying?"

"In a hotel nearby, I think it's called Greenwich Village." Dylan said.

"Oh, yeah, I've heard of that. It's only about a 10 minute walk from here. So what time are you planning on seeing them?"

"I think Megan said she would bring the kids down at about 2pm. So they have time to settle in and have lunch and a little nap." Dylan said.

"What are the kids names again?" I asked.

"Well, Xavier is the oldest, he gets called Xav (pronounced Zave) then Morgan, Charlie and Paige. They are 6 years old."

"I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to have quadruplets."

"Haha I know, it's even harder for Megan and Mason, because Xavier and Charlie are identical boys and Morgan and Paige are identical girls."

"Wow! I can't wait to meet this 'wonder-woman'." I remarked. "Anyway, I'll leave you two boys to it. I'll come back around 1:50pm so we can go and greet them outside the gates, okay?" I said standing up and walking a few steps over to Dylan.

"Sure thing Sammie, see you then." He said and gave me a peck on the lips.

I then ruffled his hair and walked out, making sure to flash a smile before I walked away. Dylan hates it when I mess up his hair, but I think he secrectly loves it. He flashed a sexy glare back and then an air kiss, which I returned. I then turned right and walked up 2 flights of stairs before I was on my dorm level.

I'm sharing my room with a lovely girl named Maddy. She loves sport and music, like me, and is very, very nice. We get along extremely well. Her, and everyone else that knows me, is obsessed with my accent. They always ask me to pronouce words for them in my Aussie accent. Sometimes I like to use slang words and phrases around them like; 'Fair Dinkum' which means the real thing or words like 'spunk' which mean attractive person or 'Macca's instead of McDonalds, jumper instead of pullover, snag insead of sasuage' etc. Not only the girls, but the boys love it too. And I'm going to be honest, I kind of like the attention.

~~~~~~

1:50pm came around way too fast and before I knew it Cole, Dylan and I were standing out the front of NYU waiting to greet the 'Mitchell's'.

I could see them from a mile away. There are 4 kids all around the same height walking hand in hand with their mother. The boys on one side and the girls on the other. As soon as they spoted us, they started running.

"Uncle Cole, Uncle Dylan." They all shouted.

Xavier jumped up onto Cole closely followed by Morgan, then Charlie jumped onto Dylan followed by Paige. Megan was a little slower to arrive, as she didn't run like the quads.

"Hello boys, it's so nice to see you!" Megan said as she greeted the boys with a hug each, before turning her attention to me. "You must be the famous Sam I've heard so much about. It's nice to finally meet you."

"All good I hope, and like-wise." I said as we embraced in a hug.