Chapter 16: First Day Back

"Sam! Are you ready???" My mum yelled from down stairs.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." I shouted back down the stairs. I quickly gathered my laptop and pencil case and put them in my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I picked my jacket up off the desk chair as I shut my bedroom door behind me. I raced down stairs and grabbed my lunch off the kitchen bench and shoved it in my bag. I quickly gave my mum a kiss on the cheek and ran out the front door.

"Have a good day Sam!" My mum said to me.

I raced across the street and knocked on the twins front door.

Dylan came to the door, but he didn't look to happy to see me.

"What's up?" I quickly asked as I pulled him in for a hug.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer, but I have to stay at home today and look after Cole. He has a stomach bug and can't stop vomiting and both my parents have to go to work."

"Oh, that's okay, I understand." I said with a shy smile on my face.

"I'm really sorry, I was looking forward to going back to school today with you, but I need to stay here with Cole."

"Dyl, it's fine I understand. Quick question, how close in contact have you been with him?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"Not too close, why?" Dylan replied with a curious look.

"No reason." I said back, as I leaned in a for a kiss.

"Oh, so that's what you wanted was it?" Dylan said wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Maybe." I replied giving him a passionate kiss.

"You should head off to school missy." Dylan said.

"Okay, okay if you say so." I said pulling away from Dylan's grip, but giving him one more quick kiss. I leaned inside the front door and yelled loud enough for Cole to hear me.

"I hope you feel better soon, Cole! Have lots of soup and stay warm!" I said. I then hugged Dylan and headed for the bus stop.

***DYLAN's P.O.V***

"Cole did you hear what Sam said?" I asked him as I walked into the lounge room where Cole was lying on the couch.

Cole nodded in reply and half smiled.

I went to the kitchen and got my phone from the bench and came back to sit near Cole, so I could watch over him. I heard something buzz on the table next to Cole. I looked up and saw Cole's phone light up. I stood up and went over and picked it up.

"It's from Emily. Do you want me to read it to you?" I asked cole. He just nodded in reply.

💖 Em 💖

Babe, Sam just messaged me and told me you were sick. I hope you feel better soon. I send all the virtual hugs and kisses I possibly can and I hope to see you soon. Feel better Coley Moley -Em xoxo

Cole tried to sit up as he blushed.

"Do you want me to reply, Coley Moley?" I teased him.

Cole nodded once again. And then I heard this him say in a really croaky voice:

"Just say, thank you so much Em, I hope I feel better soon too! I hope everything is well with you and I can't wait to see you soon - Cole xx"

"Done!" I said in reply.

"Thanks Dyl."

"No worries."

"And thank you for staying home with me today. I know you really wanted to go to school and spend the day with Sam, but instead you are stuck here with me." Cole said as he coughed trying to clear his throat.

"Cole, seriously, I don't mind. You are my twin, I'll always be here for you no matter what!" We both smiled.

Cole pretty much slept for the rest of the day apart from the occasional chuck. By the end of the day, when mom and dad got home, he seemed to be much better. He was able to sit up and finally keep some food down. Looks like I'll be going to school tomorrow.

.