Chapter 6: Interviews and a Special Guest

~The next morning~

"Sam, we are leaving," said Cole.

I looked up from my phone and asked with a smile, "Where are we going?"

Dylan looked sad for a moment before saying, "Sorry Sam, but we have to go to some interviews today that we can't get out of. You'll have to spend the day here."

I tried to hide my disappointment. I had been looking forward to spending the day with them. But of course, they were famous. They have to do their jobs before it comes to spending time with their best friend.

"That's okay," I said, smiling. "Just come back for me!"

Dylan still seemed sad so I went over and gave him a hug.

"Don't worry, Dyl, I'll be fine!"

He smiled then Cole dragged him out of the room.

'Now what was I supposed to do?' I thought.

I went down to the mall we had been at yesterday and walked around for a while just taking in the New York atmosphere. Eventually I went back to the room and just watched TV for a while.

Guess what channel was on? Disney. I sat through the ads waiting to see what came on. An ad came on saying how Emily Osment was having a meet and greet in New York! Maybe the boys would see her, I thought.

The ads finished and of course, with my luck, Suite Life on Deck came on. I watched one episode and then decided to have a nap. I lay back on the bed, closed my eyes and quickly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to the door opening and Cole yelling,

"Sam, we're back!"

I quickly sat up and rubbed my eyes. I got up off the bed and went to greet the boys, but I saw that there was someone else standing behind them.

"Hi, you must be Sam. Dylan was telling me all about you on the way here, I'm Emily Osment." She said with a smile, putting out her hand in front of me so I could shake it.

I stood stunned for a second but quickly put my hand out to shake hers.

"Yeah, Sam Edwards." I replied as we shook hands.

I had met many famous people before but usually it came with warning. Like when I went on the Suite Life set, when they were filming a special episode. I met Ashley Tisdale, and Debby Ryan who I had already met multiple times. Ashley was really nice and said that she also had heard lots about me.

"We saw Emily at our interview and I invited her back to come and have dinner with us." Cole said looking at me.

I nodded and smiled back.

"How about we all go and get ready." Dylan said as he walked over to me. "Do you notice anything different?" He said.

I looked up at him to notice that he had had a hair cut.

"OMG Dylan!" I screamed looking up and touching his hair. "You chopped all your hair off!" I exclaimed

"Haha not all of it, but I did get a trim on the sides while Cole was having his interview."

He had his hair spiked up and pushed to the side, like how all the boys have their hair these days.

"It looks good." I said checking him out. "Will the Suite Life crew mind?" I asked.

"Nah. It'll grow back by the time we start filming again anyway." He replied.

Everyone went their separate ways to go and get ready. I grabbed one of the dresses that I bought when they took me shopping yesterday, and went into the bathroom to change. I looked in the mirror and decided to keep my long brown hair as it was, down.

When we were all ready we started to walk to dinner. It wasn't a very far walk and there weren't as many paparazzi following us this time. I gathered that was because it was night time. Cole and Emily walked in front as Dylan and I followed closely behind.

As I looked up from the foot path, I saw Cole gently grab Emily's hand. They kept walking, holding hands. I glanced over at Dylan, who was still right beside me, to see his reaction. We both smiled.

About 1 minute before we arrived at the restaurant I looked to my left and saw a magazine with a photo of me and Dylan hugging . I stopped Dylan by putting my hand out and gesturing towards the magazine.

"Hold up a sec, Cole." Dylan said loudly so Cole would turn around.

"Look!" I said as we both bent closer to the magazine that read:

*DYLAN HIRES OUT SHOPPING MALL FOR NEW GIRLFRIEND*

Dylan and I looked at each other, our faces both going red.

"Haha that's hilarious!" Cole joked as he looked at the magazine.

"Wait you guys don't like each other do you?" Cole said in a concerned voice walking towards us.

We both simultaneously looked at each other and then quickly looked away.

"No!" We said at the same time.

"Haha good! Because that would make things really awkward, seeing as you go to school together and practically live together." Cole remarked.

We all ignored that comment and turned around and kept walking towards the restaurant.