Chapter 12: Getting Ready

Emily got to work straight away going through my wardrobe looking at all my clothes. She decided none of them suited the occasion considering I only packed for a holiday. She went back to her hotel room and brought back a lovely blue dress. Emily is about 10cm shorter than me so I was unsure of how it would fit.

I went into the bathroom and tried it on and it was a little short but she told me I could just wear black little shorts underneath.

Next was my hair. My hair is naturally straight and brown. I sat in a chair facing the mirror and Emily spun me around.

"Hey!" I said

"Now........ How about a nice up do? Nah that won't do....

Maybe tight curls? Nope........ That won't look right!

Ah ha........ I know just the thing." Emily said leaving the room while I just sat on the chair waiting.

She came back seconds later with my curler in her hand.

"I thought you just said curls won't look right!?" I stated.

"I said tight curls.... I was thinking of going for the..." Then she stopped talking.

"Actually I think I might make it a surprise."

"What seriously... Em you know I hate surprises."

"Exactly, that way you can't object to what I'm going to do!"

"Does that mean I won't like it?" I asked her.

"Of course you will, you're gonna LOVE IT!" she said as she smiled widely. "Do you trust me?" She asked.

"Yeah... Okay... go ahead." I said quietly.

"Yes!" Emily said giving a small fist pump.

Emily got to work once again. I could feel the curler warming my hair up, but Emily had covered up the mirror so I couldn't see what I looked like. She had also hidden my mobile phone, so I couldn't use the camera to see what I looked like. I honestly had no idea what she was up to! I could feel Emily clipping hair to the top of my head and it kept flopping down in front off my face. I had to keep moving it to the side of my face.

About half and an hour later Emily said "done!"

"About time!" I replied in my strong Aussie accent.

"Okay" she said spinning the chair around so it was facing the mirror once again.

She really slowly pulled off the sheet from in front of the mirror.

"Hurry up!" I said grabbing her hand yanking the sheet off, making it fly across the room.

"Taaa Daaaa!!!!" Emily said smiling big. "Do you like it Sam?"

"Of course I do! I love it! I have always wanted to have my hair like this I have just never known how to do it."

"Well now you know."

"Well... Actually I don't because I couldn't see what you were doing."

"Oh, don't worry I'll teach you later. After doing interviews and auditions my whole life, I know how to do almost every hairstyle there is!"

I just smiled and looked back into the mirror.

"You hungry?" I asked Em.

"Yeah kinda!" She replied

"How about we order room service!"

"That's sounds good." Emily said walking over to the bed side table looking at the menu, then chucking it over for me to look at.

We ordered our meals and ate lunch. After lunch it was about 1:30pm. Emily decided we should go to her hotel room so I could borrow some of her shoes.

"Em, what size are you?" I asked her before we left.

"Around a size 6, why?"

"I'm a size 10 and a 1/2 in Australia. I think my foot is way bigger than yours."

"Yeah true. Okay plan B. Let's go shopping!" Emily said. We both smiled and left for the shops.

When we came back we spent the rest of the getting ready. We also watched a movie, The Holiday, with Cameron Diaz, Jude Law, Jack Black and Kate Winslet in it. I was about house swaps. It was a fantastic movie! I loved it.

Time: 6:29

As I was putting my shoes on I saw the time tick over to 6:30. Suddenly I heard a knock at the hotel rooms door. Of course I expect nothing less than for Dylan to be exactly on time.