Chapter 22: Fluff

******3 days later *** In Dylan and Cole's dorm room******

I'm snuggled into Dylan's chest as we sat on his bed each of us reading our own material. Dylan has his free arm around me and his other holding his book.

"Hey babe." Dylan said looking down at me.

"Mmm..." I replied looking up from my magazine.

"Would you mind if we baby-sat the quads tomorrow night? It's just that Mason is coming across from L.A, because his business trip finished early. Cole and I were talking and we thought should give Megan and Mason a well deserved break and night out in New York." Dylan said taking a big breathe.

"Yeah oh course Hun. I would love to." I replied.

"Cool! But don't tell Megan or the kids, they don't know that he is coming tomorrow. It's a surprise."

"Ooo... okay. Can't wait!" I said turning my focus back to my book smiling. I could feel Dylan eyes still on me, he then placed a light kiss on my forehead and continued reading his book.

A few minutes later, Cole walked holding his camera.

"Oh, hey guys... I hope I'm not interrupting..." Cole said in a bitter tone as he walked briskly over to sit at his desk. He opened up his laptop and plugged his camera in. He then started uploading his photos onto his computer and I managed to catch a glimpse of one of them.

"Wow! Cole, there are some really great photos you have there." I said sitting up and stretching my arms out, placing my magazine on Dylan's bedside table. Dylan then sat up to and wrapped an arm around my waist kissing my cheek. I leaned back and gave Dylan a quick peck on the lips before walking over to Cole. "I forgot how good you are at taking photos." I said staring at the screen, with a surprised look on my face. Cole smiled.

"Cole, you should enter those in the college competition." Dylan suggested also walking over and standing next to me wrapping his arm around my waist once again. I leaned into him, resting my head on his shoulder.

Cole froze for a second before continuing to fiddle with his computer. "Uhhhh.. I... err... I don't think they are that good." Cole said swiftly, his attention not leaving his computer screen.

"Cole they are good, what are you talking about buddy!" Dylan said to his brother, trying to boost his ego.

"How do you know, it's not like you take photos!" Cole stated defensively.

"Geez, who got out on the wrong side of bed this morning?" Dylan said in an angry tone. I quickly looked up at Dylan and gave him a smile to try and stop him from getting too angry.

Cole sighed. "Sorry Dyl, I just have a lot on my plate at the moment. I have so many assignments due and I have midterms just around the corner, plus I really miss Emily." He said in a soft tone.

"Why don't you give her a call. Maybe you could Skype her, I know she loves to speak to you whenever she possibly can." I said trying to make Cole feel better.

"Yeah. Okay. That sounds like a good idea." Cole said picking up his phone and unlocking it, a smile slowly creeping onto his face.

"We'll leave you to it then." I said grabbing Dylan's hand and dragging him towards the door.

"But why do we have to leave, it's my room too." Dylan said quietly in a whiny voice, so only I could hear.

"Because Cole doesn't get to see his girlfriend as much as you do. And I think it would be nice to give them some privacy." I said continuing to drag Dylan towards the door.

"Can I at least get my phone?" Dylan asked.

"Haha of course you can silly." I said letting go of his hand so he could go and get his phone from on his bed.

"We're just going out for a walk." I said as I turned around about to shut the door.

"Ahhh... yer... okay... see you then..." Cole said as he was very distrated with his computer.

I just chuckled to myself as I shut the door quietly.

Dylan and I turned left and walked hand-in-hand down the corridor.

"Are you hungry babe, do you want to get some food?" I asked while squeezing his hand lightly.

"I swear it's like you're a mind reader!" He said as he placed his free hand on his stomach.

"What do you feel like?" I asked him.

"Umm... I'm not sure, what do you feel like." He asked back.

"Hmmm..." I said for a second, thinking about all the different choices. "Maybe we could get some pizza." I suggested.

"Sounds good." Dylan said smiling. We then proceeded to make our way down the stairs towards the food centre.

****** The Next Night ******

"Knock, knock." I heard someone say as they opened the door to Dylan and Cole's room. Everyone turned around to find Mason standing at the door. I quickly looked at Megan to see her face light up like I had never seen it do before. [I made sure to make a quick mental note to myself: even when I've been married for 10 years, like Megan and Mason, to make sure I still love my husband very much and get excited every time I see him. Never take anything for granted.]

"Have you missed me kiddies?" Mason said as he entered the dorm room where everyone was seated.

"Daddddy!!!!" All the kids say in unison as they jump up on their dad as he walks further into the room.

"Oooooh!" Mason grunts as his kids smash into him, toppling him to the ground, the kids still hanging on for dear life.

"I've missed you so much daddy!" Paige says as she places kisses all over her dad's face, while lying on top of him. The other 3 kids all attached to a limb of their fathers.

"I've missed you too munchkin." Mason replied kissing her forehead, then trying to stand-up. The kids slowly got off their dad to give him a little space to breathe. Megan made her way over to her husband. It had only been around a week since she had seem him, but you could tell that that was long enough.

"Hi honey." Mason said as he walked over to his wife, his eyes not leaving hers for a second. "I've missed you so much." He said embracing his wife, then dipping her down and giving her a passionate kiss.

"I've missed you too babe." She said staring at him, as if she didn't believe he was here.

I suddenly felt an arm snake around my torso as I sat and watched the husband and wife interact. I turned to my left to look at Dylan. He was smiling as he knew he had helped arange the meeting of the two lovers. I just stared deeply into his eye and mouthed "I love you."

Dylan mouthed back, "I love you too." We then kissed and I snuggled closer into Dylan, my head just under his chin, as we watched everyone else in the room smile.