Chapter 23: The Sleepover - Part 1

Thanks to all of you who have stuck with this story. I'm currently in year 12 and I'm finding it hard to find a time to write the story. If you have any suggestions or story lines you would like me to cover, please do not hesitate to message me (I won't bite, I promise (: ) I love hearing from you guys. So anyway... thank you and I hope you enjoy and please like the chapter if you can! xx

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"Mason! How are you man, I haven't seen you in ages." Cole said walking over towards Mason, once he had caught up with his wife and kids. They both stuck their hands out for what was meant to be a handshake, but ended up being more of a man hug.

"I've been good buddy, work and these 4 ratbags have been keeping me busy though." Mason said as he looked down at his kids who were playing a board game on the floor.

"Hey! That's not very nice daddy!!" Morgan replied, playfully smacking her dad on the leg.

"Haha, it was only a joke Morgs." Mason replied with a sympathetic smile, rubbing her on the head. "What have you boys been up to? I heard somewhere on the grapevine that you both have girlfriends now!" Mason exclaimed.

"Yeah we do!" Dylan replied, still sitting next to me on his bed. "This is my girlfriend Sam." Dylan said gesturing towards me.

I stood up and stuck my hand out to shake Mason's hand.

"No no! In this family we hug it out!" Mason said smiling opening his arms up, embracing me in a large, warm hug. I smiled and relaxed into the hug. "I've heard so much about you Sam." Mason said loosening his grip on me so I could free myself.

"Really?!? All good I hope..." I said as I smirked back at Dylan.

"Yes, yes of course. You seem like a wonderful girl, who I am very much looking forward to getting to know." Mason said smiling.

"So, Meegs and Mase... Cole, Sam and I have a surprise for you both." Dylan said standing up from his bed.

"What about us Uncle Dylan?" Paige said, looking sadly up at Dylan.

"Oh, don't you worry Pagiey, this surprise is for all of you!" Dylan said scooping up Paige into his arms so her legs were wrapped around his waist.

"We decided that you two needed a night off." Dylan said looking at the two parents. "So we bought you both tickets to go and see Hugh Jackman's new show on Broadway, 'The River'."

"Omg... are you serious!? You shouldn't have really." Megan said walking over to her husband and placing an arm around his waist. "We didn't come here to offload our kids onto you, I swear." Megan replied, slightly embarrassed.

"Haha, no it's fine. We would love to look after them, they are our favourite little kiddies." Cole said smiilng at the quads. All 4 of them smiling as bright as the sun.

"Okay, but only if all 3 of you are fine with it." Mason said glancing at me and the 2 boys.

I spoke up, "Of course. These kids are a delight, we would love to look after them!" I exclaimed.

"Thank you so much!" Megan said smiling from eye to eye. She walked towards me and embraced me in a hug whispering in my ear. "We may have only met a few days ago, but you are in-charge." She whispered leaning out of the hug and giving me a wink.

I grinned in return and gave a slight nod.

------------------------------

After Megan and Mason left to go on their date, us 'older kids' decided that we needed to play a game with the quads. I decided that Uno was a suitable game that would be easy to play with four six year old's and three twenty year old's. The game was lots of fun and around 4 rounds in Xavier decided he needed to eat.

"I'm hungry!" Xavier announced while waiting for his next set of cards to be dealt to him.

"Haha alright buddy, how about we get you some food then. Is anyone else hungry?" Cole asked standing up, while Dylan continued to shuffle the cards.

"Oh I am!!! My stomach is making funny noises and the only way to make it stop is to get some food into my belly" Charlie said. I laughed, Charlie seriously has the best sense of humour for a six year old I thought.

"ME! I'm hungry!" Morgan shouted. I'm seriously starting to wonder whether everything the quads say has to be louder or more important than their siblings. Someone always has to top the situation.

"I am tooo! I also need to go to the toilet pweasee." Paige sweetly stated.

"Alright." I huffed standing up from my cross legged stance on the floor with a smile on my face. "I'll take you to the toilet then." I gestured towards the boys dorm room door.

"Does anyone else need to go to?" Dylan asked the kids. They all shook their heads. "I guess that's a no then." He said smiling at my and giving me a wink.

Paige stood up swiftly and reached out for my hand to hold it. I then lead her to the girls toilet, which was not very far down the hall way from their room. She let go of my hand and went to the toilet. When she came out she looked like she had a question she was busting to ask, she had a sort of grimace look on her face.

"Are you alright Paige?" I asked walking towards the sink where she was trying to reach the basin. I lifted her up so she could reach the soap to wash her hands.

"Yeah, I was just wondering... are you and uncle Dylan going to get married because I want to be the flower girl if you do." I put her down lightly and she proceeded to dry her hand with the dryer...