Chapter 8: Closer... or not!

"Look how cute they are!" someone squealed quietly.

"He is so whipped," a deeper voice chuckled.

"We so have to go with the plan!" the first voice said again.

Yawning, I opened my eyes and wondered where I was. Then I quickly realised, I must had fallen asleep after watching Notting Hill with Dylan last night. Looking down, I saw that Dylan had his arms wrapped around me. When I realised this, my face started to heat up.

Slowly, I got off the couch; being very careful not to wake him up. I looked over to the doorway of the living room but saw that Cole and Emily had disappeared. As I started to stand up, Dylan began to stir.

"Come back," he said, half asleep.

I laughed and shook my head, "It's time to get up, Dyl!"

I walked over to the table in front of the bed that had a hand written note saying:

just gone out for breakfast with Emily, will be back later.

-Cole x

I looked over at Dylan who was rubbing his eyes. He then ran his fingers through his hair, making it stand up and look a little less messy.

"Cole left us a note saying he and Emily have gone out for breakfast and will be back later. So I guess it's just us two, again!" I said looking at Dylan, who stood up and walked over to me.

"I actually really liked that movie last night. Thanks for suggesting it Sam." Dylan said smiling as he walked past me to open the kitchen draw.

"I think I fell asleep before the end, but yeah, it is a really nice movie. One of my favourites."

"Haha yeah you did fall asleep towards the end. You fell asleep with your head on my chest." Dylan said with a chuckle.

"Oh, sorry about that!" I replied with a shaky voice.

I could feel my face going red. God, I need to do something about this. I can't keep blushing every time we talk, he'll figure out that I like him. And if he finds that out, it could get really weird and awkward.

"Do you want to go out for breakfast?" Dylan asked me. "When I told my dad I was coming here, he said that I have to go to this one place called Kitchenette for breakfast." He said looking up at me for my response.

"Okay, sounds good." I replied with a smile.

We both gathered our stuff and headed on our journey to find the Kitchenette in the BIG city of New York!

It took us about 30 minutes to get to the Kitchenette, because of all the fans and paparazzi. Dylan used Google Maps on his phone so we could find it easier and faster.

Once we arrived we chatted like normal and ordered and ate our meals. They were delicious. I had a Croissant and musli with a chocolate thick shake. Dylan had eggs benedict, with orange juice. We thanked our waiter and gave him a tip.

"Sam, you can't keep expecting you are gonna pay for anything. Neither Cole or I will let you, as long as you are in New York!" Dylan said pushing my hand down that had my purse in it.

I just smiled in return. "I know, I know! But I'm gonna keep trying." I said with a smirk on my face.

Dylan opened the Kitchenette's door.

"Ladies first!" He said with a smile as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

We started walking back to the hotel. I was wondering what we were going to do today. I hope I get to see Emily again. I might text her later.

"Thanks for brekky Dyl." (That is slang for Breakfast in Australia) I said as I looked up to him.

"It was my pleasure." He replied.

"Do you have any plans on what day we will go home?" I asked curiously.

"I was thinking about 2 days more here in New York then we should go home. Why don't you like it?" He said laughing.

"Yes I love it! It's just that school starts back in 4 days and I don't want to be late!"

"Oh Sam. You always have to be on time don't you!" Dylan said giving me a friendly nudge while laughing.

"Not always." I said pretending to look grumpy.

"Name one time you have been late to something."

"Well... There was this one time when... Umm... You know... Ahhh... Oh I give up." I said slumping my shoulders and hanging my head.

"Haha don't worry, it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's just who you are, it's one of the many things I love about you."

Did he just say; 'love about me?' My thoughts started running a thousand miles an hour. I couldn't think of anything to say back.

The rest of the way, back to the hotel, was filled with awkward silence. Neither of us said anything to each other. At one point Dylan asked the Paparazzi to back away, but of course they didn't listen and continued to take photos and shout questions at us.

"Is this your girlfriend Dylan?

How long have you been dating?

How long are you here in New York?

Where's your brother, Cole?" They all yelled at us, or should I say him!

Thank god when we got back to the hotel room Cole and Emily were already there.