Chapter 13: 6:30pm

Time: 6:29

As I was putting my shoes on I saw the time tick over to 6:30. Suddenly I heard a knock at the hotel room door. Of course I expect nothing less than for Dylan to be exactly on time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened the door, kind of nervous at how the night would turn out. As I pulled the door open, I looked at Dylan, he had dark jeans on and a simple grey t-shirt and a black dress jacket. It was so simple, but it suited him so well.

"Hi!" I said.

"Hi" Dylan replied leaning in for a kiss on the cheek. "I got you this." Dylan said handing me a white rose. "I know it's your favourite!" He said as we both smiled.

"Thanks." I said taking the rose and smelling it.

"Sam, you look beautiful," he said with a shy smile.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself," I smiled, before laughing and saying, "You had a room key, why didn't you just open the door?"

Scratching the crook of his neck he said, "It would've been rude!"

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yep!" I replied. Placing the white Rose in a glass on the table next to the door.

He grabbed my hand and gently led me to the elevator. As we waited we just talked. I don't know why I had been nervous that things would be different between us, we are best friends and nothing would ever change that.

"You really do look nice, Sam."

I smiled looking up at him, "So where are we going?"

"You'll see." He said with a smirk.

We walked out of the hotel and I blindly followed him around New York, even though I had been here for a week, I had no idea where we were. I kept begging him to tell me where we were going but each time he just chuckled and changed the topic.

"Thank you so much Dylan." I said leaning into him as we walked.

"For what?"

"For everything! For always being there for me. For being my best-friend and always standing up for me. And for always cheering me up when I'm down." I said gently leaning into him again.

"It's my pleasure!" He said.

"What's Cole up to tonight?" I asked Dyl.

"You know, probably hanging out with Emily again, haha!"

"Of coourrrssse." I said in a strong Aussie accent.

"Do you think, you know, that if cole minds if we are more than friends??"

"Ahh... I don't think he'll mind. He is always willing to make anything work. Especially if it makes either you or me happy."

"You guys are so cute!"

"Whatever...!!!" Dylan said in a pretending annoyed tone. "We are almost there." Dylan Said with slight excitement in his voice.

"But you still can't tell me where we are going can you?" I asked looking up to his face as we were still walking at a nice pace.

"Nope. Sorry."

"Fine!" I said pretending to be annoyed.

I was really so excited. I had absolutely no idea where he was taking me. I didn't know if we were going to the movies, going to have dinner or just going for a stroll in the park. Honestly, I had no idea, he had no even dropped the slightest idea. But that didn't matter, as long as I was with Dylan.

"It's coming up. Here hold my hand." Dylan said putting his hand out in front of me stopping us in our tracks. I put my hand in his and our fingers fit perfectly together. My heart started beating faster.

"This next bit you're really gonna have to trust me, okay?" He said quietly.

"Don't worry Dyl, I trust you." I whispered back.

Dylan then proceeded to put his hands gently over my face.

"Okay, don't worry I'm gonna lead you with my hand."

Without me being able to see anything we started walking really slowly. That was until we stopped about 2 minutes later.

"We're here!" Dylan said taking his hand off my face.

"Oh!" I said taking in a big gasp of air. "Wow! I didn't know they had these in New York City!"

"Well, today when I was getting ready and buying your rose, I saw a sign advertising it and I knew you have always loved them, so I thought it was the perfect date idea. Not too formal, just a semi-casual first date."

"Thank you Dyl. You know me so well!" I said taking his hands looking up at his face as we were standing opposite each other on the footpath.

We looked deep into each others eyes. Then, Dylan slowly leant his head down and gently kissed my lips. It was as if fireworks went off every time we kissed. It was amazing.

"Now let's go get something to eat!" He said as we both had the biggest smiles on our faces. He gently found my hand and we began walking again.