Chapter 9: Central Park

"Hey guys!" Cole said, as Dylan and I walked in the door.

"Hey." We both replied.

"Cole and I were wondering if you wanted to go to the Central Park today. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping. We thought we could have picnic for lunch or something." Emily said looking at us.

Both Dylan and I looked at each other. We both nodded and turned our heads to face Emily.

"Sounds good to me!" Dylan said

"And me!" I said as well.

"Cool! Sam do you want to come with me to the groceries so we can get some food, while the boys just chill here for a while." Emily asked.

"Yeah okay!" I replied with a smile.

"We will be back soon!" Emily said as she put her hands on my shoulders and walked me out the door. Kicking it closed behind us.

At the shops Emily and I bought lots of fresh fruit including: watermelon, strawberries, apples, blueberries, bananas and grapes. We also bought some bread and meat so we could make sandwiches for lunch. For drinks we bought a few different a things including: Lemonade, water and Chocolate milk (Big M's). Emily and I split the bill for the things we bought and headed back to the hotel.

At the hotel the boys had managed to rustle up a picnic basket that we could take with us to Central Park. Emily and I packed the things we bought into the basket, and we then headed for the Grand Central Park.

We needed up having a lovely afternoon filled with laughter, fun and games. Cole and Emily spent most of their time putting food in each others mouths. Dylan and I mostly chatted.

The sun slowly started to lower as the afternoon came to an end. We all agreed that we weren't hungry for dinner. We decided it was time to go back to our rooms and have an early night. Tomorrow was our last full day in New York. Cole went back with Emily to her room, so Dylan and I walked back together.

"Thanks for buying the stuff for the picnic Sammie." Dylan said as he bumped into me while walking.

"No problem." I replied in a real strong Aussie accent. "I'm glad I was able to pay for something on this trip." We both chuckled.

"You know Sam, you have a really nice Australian accent. Not like the people that are really hard to understand, you are easy. Your accent is closer to an English accent." Dylan said as we both kept walking.

"Yeah I guess it is okay, I've honestly never really thought about it! In Australia, we call the people that are really hard to understand and have a really strong accent, Bogans." I said.

"Bogans?? That's an odd word!" Dylan said laughing.

"It is just one of the many slang words Australians have."

"You really do have a lot of slang." Dylan stated.

"And I don't even use half of it around you, because I'm afraid you won't understand me."

"Don't worry about me, I'll always understand you!" Dylan said in a very calming tone.

"Okay." I replied

We had suddenly arrived at the hotel. We both took the lift up to our room, changed into our PJ's and went straight to bed.

"Night Dyl." I said with a yawn.

"Night Sammie." Dylan replied softly.

And with those last words spoken, we both fell straight to sleep.