|Thirteen| Torn To Shreds

"Being visible should never make you feel vulnerable," -Unknown

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Follow! Thanks!

*****Hey guys! Your comments are what I really enjoy so please don't stop telling me how you feel! I love reading them so I'll start mentioning a random one in chapters! *****

Song of the Chapter- "Pity Party,"- Melanie Martinez

Dedicated to- Property_of_Gaara for their great comments!

~Chesney's Pov~

"Chesney, stop breathing so hard, you're making it really humid in here," Dakota chastised and I attempted to close my mouth, ultimately failing. I'm a nervous hyperventilater, can you really blame me? I guess you could but it wouldn't be very nice.

"Sorry, it happens when I'm nervous," I apologized and he cooed at me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. Kay was coming to read my book! My book!

"Look, she's just a person. She likes to watch Netflix in a ninja costume just like you and I," He whispered, rubbing my arm and I rose a brow at his statement. Ninja costume?

"I think you might be the only one that does that," I told him and he shrugged, smiling softly.

"Eh, well, I guess I'm the only one that will ever know the pleasures of it," he chuckled and I chuckled, feeling slightly less nervous. Leave it to Dakota to calm me down so easily.

"You know, you're lucky," Dakota said, thinking out loud, and I glanced at him, tilting my head slightly. Lucky? What could he possibly mean by that?

"What? Why," I asked and he smiled softly, looking down at his lap.

"You're getting to follow your dreams, you know? You get to actually experience the joys of life and adulthood like we dreamed of as kids," he whispered, smiling hugely and I gave him a small, forced smile. I didn't want to step on his feelings, he obviously was a bit jealous that I could actually get the chance to do something I love whilst he couldn't, and can't, do his dream job because of his crummy parents.

"Dude," I whispered placing my hand on his shoulder but the doorbell rang, interrupting us. He jumped up off the couch, a relieved smile on his face.

"That's probably her now, I'll just be in the next room," he rushed out before dashing into the kitchen with Killian who was busy baking cookies. I sighed, watching him leave, before standing from the couch and approaching the door. I wiped my overly sweaty palms on my pants, letting out a deep breath, before grasping the knob firmly, and slowly turning it.

"Um, Chesney? You kind of have to open the door faster than that, I'm not dressed for winter," Kay joked and I laughed nervously, probably sounding like a walrus on crack. C'mon Chesney, be cool!
Be so cool it's freezing! Be frigid! Be sub-zero!

"Sorry, come in," I said pulling the door open and accidentally hitting myself in the face. Dang it, that wasn't very sub-zero of me, was it?

Kay stared at me incredulously before erupting into laughter, clutching her stomach. I blushed and pulled the door open completely, flawlessly avoiding my face this time. Dumb door, always in the way! No one likes you door! That might've been a bit harsh, I'm sure someone likes that door. It's a pretty nice door. Nicely made that is, it's personality couldn't be more splintery. Heh, wooden door pun.

"Sorry Kay, the door has had a bit of a temper lately so it occasionally punches me," I said with a serious face and she rolled her eyes.

"Eh, I'm sure if I lived with a guy, I'd "occasionally" punch him too," she whispered and I started at her a bit confused. What does she mean 'if'?