|Twenty-Two| Black Out

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole."--Morgan Freeman

Dedicated to Ferris_Holmes for their awesome comments! Thank you!

Sorry for the slow update! This chapter was so hard to write and you'll see why once you start reading. The updates will be coming slower now that the story only has three to four more chapters left before its done! I have good news though, whilst waiting for updates, you can read my newest story "Fool's Gold" that will be updating regularly! Love you guys!

Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Follow! Thanks!

~Chesney's Pov~
After being led away from the lobby, the masked people took us to a dimly lit passageway labeled 'Boiler Room' and I gulped, walking forward cautiously. The goons behind us urged us forward, pushing at our backs as we walked down the barren corridor towards the door at the very end.

When we reached the old, wooden door, I stopped dead in my tracks, refusing to take another step. There, above the doorway, was a small inscription of a Rose. I stared at the symbol in astonishment, terrified of what could lie just behind that door.

"Open the door," a feminine, yet familiar, voice rang out from behind me and I nodded hesitantly, reaching for the doorknob. I wrapped my hands around the golden knob and gulped, twisting it gently.

As I pulled the door open, the sweet lilac smell of the hotel was instantly replaced with the wet, musty smell of a damp basement. I gagged and held my breath, repulsed by the stench.

"Stop being such a fucking pansy and go inside," one of the goons said and I forced myself to take a step into the dark room that was only lit at the very bottom.

As I went further inside, my one shoe clunked against the aged wood. I continued to hold my breath, not only to protect myself from the grotesque smell, but also from fear. I took one more apprehensive step, big mistake.

I screamed as I started to fall, the platform seemingly disappearing from under me. I flailed my arms wildly, trying to somehow save myself from the lethal fall and just as I was about to be sent tumbling to the ground, someone grabbed my arm.

I was pulled back to my feet and I hugged the person close to myself, scared to death that if I let go, I would plummet to my eventual death. Someone chuckled in the darkness before the sound of a light switch being clicked sounded throughout the entire room.

The lights in the room turned on, illuminating the basement, and I looked down at the ground, noticing that the platform didn't disappear. Instead, I had almost fell down a spiral flight of wooden, splintery stairs covered in rusty nails.

"Whoops, forgot to tell you about the stairs. That first one is a real doozy, no," yet another familiar sounding goon said and I narrowed my eyes, walking down the steps with newfound hesitancy.

The mold covered stairs creaked with every step I took, creating an ominous atmosphere as we approached the bottom. The heat increased sevenfold as we came closer, sweat brewing on my forehead and brow. It slowly became harder to breathe as the humidity increased with every pain staking moment. It felt like we were being escorted into hell.

When we finally reached the end of the spiral staircase, I soon realized that hell would've been better than this place; a hot, steamy boiler room filled to the brim with rough looking gang members. Just ahead of me were four, wooden chairs; three empty, the last was occupied by a beaten and bruised Blaise. I gasped loudly and glanced around frantically, my breath quickening as I started to panic.