Chapter 05

Being a girl sucks sometimes. I held the hot water bottle closer, holding in a groan. Mum pushed my door open and gave me a sympathetic look. She'd excused me from school today so I could deal with the severe pain in my stomach. Everyone always thinks dealing with this pain is so easy, saying that I should just take some Tylenol and be done with it. I'm sorry but unless you've gone through this pain, you don't get to comment on what I'm going through!

"Hey baby?" Mum said. "We're heading off to work now, call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Thank you." I said, clearing my throat.

She smiled and shut the door, leaving me to curl into a foetal position. The meds finally started to kick in as I drifted off. A short nap couldn't hurt.

A loud banging noise forced my eyes to fly open, and I looked up to see a different ceiling above me. Confused, I looked around and realised I was now in unusual clothes... and chained to an unfamiliar bed. My breathing started to get rougher and I started tugging on the chains. Where was I? I heard loud voices approaching and I made a snap decision to close my eyes, feigning sleep. A door slammed open and footsteps started to approach my strained position.

A masculine voice started talking. "She's still asleep."

"I can see that, idiot." Another man responded.

"Did we give her too much chloroform? Boss said that they don't want the girl harmed yet."

Fingers poked my side painfully and I grimaced. "Hold on, look at her face. I think she's starting to wake up."

I whimpered in pain and opened my eyes. I looked at the unfamiliar men with wide eyes and immediately screamed. One of the men grunted and glared at me, "We forgot the gag."

The other man slapped him upside the head. "No shit, Sherlock."

I groaned as the chain pulled on my sore wrist. They turned to me quickly, as if remembering I was still there. "Mmm, time to sleep again doll. If you're good, maybe we'll get to have some fun together."

I started to shake as a knife appeared, and I tried to scoot backwards only to have the chains hold me in place. The knife came closer and closer to my face and I screamed loudly in fear.

"Oh Ana." He chuckled. "Ana, Ana, Ana!"

"...ANA!"

"ANA WAKE UP!"

Feeling a hand on my arm, my eyes shot open to reveal that I had been having a nightmare. Thank God. The hand was still on my arm and I traced it up to find a man looming over me. Jumping back in fear, I opened my mouth to shout when he raised his arms and let out an uneasy laugh.

"Shit, sorry please don't freak out, I'm Marcus." He muttered.

Marcus... Oh yeah, I think he's supposed to be my new bodyguard. Pulling my blankets around me, I forced an uneasy smile in his direction and watched as his face flushed slightly.

"Sorry Ma'am, I just thought you were in trouble because of the screaming..." He said, inching towards the door. "I'll be down in the kitchen if you need me."

He left quickly and I let out a big sigh. I should probably change and talk to him. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and hobbled towards my closet. Changing into hoodie and sweatpants, I started going downstairs and found Marcus hovering in the corner of the kitchen.

"Um, hey." I said, dumping my hot water bottle out.

"Hi, I'm apologise for barging in before."