Cнapтer 29

(Ana'ѕ POV)

Aprιl 4, 2023  

"Love ιѕ ғυnny, yoυ go all aroυnd ѕearcнιng ғor ιт, вυт ѕoмeтιмeѕ yoυ realιѕe тнaт ιт waѕ ιn ғronт oғ yoυ тнe wнole тιмe."

__________________

I looked sadly at the picture of my ex-fiance before tossing it into the trash. It had been two months since I dumped his sorry ass, but until today I hadn't been able to throw the picture away. I shook my head and looked up as a knock sounded on my office door. 

"Ms. Lars, you have a book signing at ten to 9:00 and a photo shoot at precisely 10:30. Also, Emma's wedding starts at 1:00." My assistant, Jenny spoke.

I looked up from my desk and smiled, putting the manuscript aside. Jenny smiled at me and shut the door. I pushed my chair back and stood back, stretching my arms. Three years ago I graduated from my four-year college program, a bachelor. Now, I own a publishing company, a bookstore, and other businesses that have nothing to do with writing. Currently, I am working on a big book, one that is taking me forever to finish, but that is because the main character's life isn't finished yet. Opening the blinds, I peered out into the fog at the city below. Cars flew by, people rushed to work. The normal day in London. 

Oh yes. Two years ago I moved to England, departing from my best friends and Josh. Joshua Thomson, the hotshot lawyer in New York City. I'm happy for him, I forgave him years ago, but never saw him after graduation. Pushing my hair back behind my ears, I reached out and grabbed a jacket. Making my way down to the elevators, I smiled at Jenny and told her to take a break. She smiled at me and walked to the break room. When I got down to the last level, I turned left and walked next door to the book signing. I sat at the table and put my stack of sharpies at one side, donation box on the left, and stack of 'Kidnapped' in front of me. Then, my fans were let in. They flew at me with giddy smiles on their faces. First in line, was a young lady, who looked to be about 19. She smiled shyly at me.

"Hi, Ms. Lars! I love your book, it has inspired me to become a detective!" She exclaimed.

I smiled warmly at her. "That's great! I'm happy that my book has inspired you! What is your name, love?"

"Carly, Carly Smith!" She whispered.

I signed her book and smiled at her. She walked off and the next lady came up. This went on for an hour before everyone was gone, and I was leaving. Footsteps pounded on the pavement, and a young girl stopped in front of the now-closed bookstore. Tears filled her eyes.

"I just wanted to see her!" She cried.

I felt something turn in me, and so I walked up and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Were you hoping to get your book signed, love?" I asked.

She nodded, "Y-Yeah, I have w-wanted to go f-forever, I never had the c-courage th- Ms. Lars?!"

I smiled at her and held out my hand. "Hi, what's your name?"

She put her hand in mine. "Sara Gonzales."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Sara, do you have a book for me to sign?"

She shakily held out her book, and I opened the front cover.

Dear Sara, I hope this book inspires you to be great. You are strong, beautiful and nice. Don't let anybody tell you differently! -Love, Ana Lars (Savanna)