Cнapтer 28

(Ana'ѕ POV)

September 24, 2016

"Ѕυcceѕѕ мaĸeѕ ѕo мany people нaтe yoυ. Ι wιѕн ιт waѕn'т тнaт way. Ιт woυld вe wonderғυl тo enjoy ѕυcceѕѕ wιтнoυт ѕeeιng envy ιn тнe eyeѕ oғ тнoѕe aroυnd yoυ." -Мarιlyn Мonroe (ВraιnyQυoтeѕ)

_____________________

Mom was crying, AGAIN. This whole summer she's been trying to keep me from going to Rosewood college, but THAT didn't work. She even tried to make me feel guilty by crying. Today is my first day, and mom won't let me the house. I have already planned what I want o do with my life besides acting and modeling. I want to be able to write about my experiences, so obviously I'm gonna be....... an author. I hope to be pretty good too.

"Mom, I need to go! All of my stuff is already in the dorm!!" I said calmly.

"Noooooooooo!!!" She whined, wrapping her arms around my body. I laughed and hugged her.

"Mum you can visit whenever!" I said, watching as dad pried her off of me.

"Go baby girl!" He laughed. I got in my car and drove away, laughing as mum's car pulled out and started following me. Oh, mum.

It took two hours for me to arrive at the campus. I was greeted by my crazy friends, who had bribed the school board so that they could be my roommates. I grabbed my stuff and raced the girls to our room. A-278. We burst through the doors of our huge room. A section is what they call the rich kid dorms.

The rooms are humongous, there is a kitchen, living room, three bedrooms, an office, and three bathrooms! I swear, it might have something to do with the fact that many rich families donate to the school. After putting my other luggage in my room, I grabbed my timetable and campus map, as well as a sharpie. Quickly, I circled all of the important buildings and made a heart around our dorm. Emma bounced into my room and jumped onto my bed. A growl escaped from her stomach. I laughed loudly.

"Let's go check the food court out, shall we?" I asked in between giggles.

Emma just threw a pillow at me in a child-like rage. I grabbed both Gigi and Emma's hands and pulled them out the door. We wandered about for a bit until I realized that we had passed the food court about three times. Grumbling profanities under my breath, I dragged the girls inside, to see a wide range of food stands, restaurants, and a grocery market. I saw Panera, Chipotle, Qdoba, Subway, Starbucks, Panda Express, and more. I was drawn to Qdoba like a moth to the light. The girls quickly followed me, laughing at my dazed expression. I got a grilled chicken burrito, while Gigi got a chicken bowl and Emma ordered a steak burrito.

We all sat down at the tables and began eating nicely, when Emma spit her food out, barely missing me. That made Gigi choke on her water, and I laugh loudly like a maniac. When they had calmed down, Gigi pointed behind me and I turned to see what she was looking at. My body froze up, and a hard look took over my face. You have GOT to be KIDDING ME! In my line of sight stood the person that had helped ruin my life. Josh Thomson. His gaze met mine and a smirk filled his features.

This is going to be a LONG and PAINFUL year.

_________________________________

(Josh's POV)

"Drew, get off."

"Drew get OFF."

"DREW GET OFF MY LEG!" I yelled at my younger brother, who had attached himself to my leg.

I was currently on campus, and it seems like Andrew had JUST realized that I was not going to be in the same room, house, and city anymore.

"NEVA!" He screamed, holding on tighter.

Travis and Aaron were laughing their heads off behind me, while I suffered with this little twerp. I bent down.

"Andrew, I will come and visit as much as I can, and will buy you as much food as you want whenever I do visit." I bargained.

Andrew's brown eyes peered up at me. You could see that he didn't want me to go. He looked like he was having an internal battle until he finally agreed and pulled himself off of my leg and walked into dad's arms. I looked at the poor kid for a minute. He looked really bummed.

"Come here Andrew," I said. "Give me a hug."

His face scrunched up. "I thought that you said hugs weren't manly!"

I rolled my eyes and just held out my arms. He hugged my tall body and quickly pulled away, making all of us laugh loudly. I ruffled his hair and left with Travis and Aaron, heading to the rich-boys dorm rooms. We walked in and found our room on the top floor. Sweet. I put my stuff in my room and went back into the living room. Travis had already turned on the TV and was watching a football game. It was the end of Colorado VS Western Michigan. I prefer Colorado because some of my family lives there. Aunt Sarah lives in a small town named Franktown, and her kids go to the elementary school, Sagewood Middle School, and Ponderosa High School. I always say that I'm gonna visit, but I never do.

I watched as CO's quarterback passed to a wide receiver, and he sprinted down the field into the end zone. Let's see if they make the field goal too. Luckily, they did, and they pulled ahead with a score of 27 to 22. I was beginning to get hungry, so I dragged the boys outside and towards the food court. I looked around at all the girls. This would be a fun year. I was drawn to Carl's Jr. and immediately started walking towards it when I heard somebody choking. I turned and saw three girls at a table, all of their faces hidden. Two were choking and one was laughing her head off.

The choking girls calmed down, and one of them pointed at us. The laughing girl turned her head and froze. I reciprocated the actions and glared at her. I have to deal with her here? Well great. Ana's angry blue eyes bore into mine, and I couldn't help but smirk. She looked so uncomfortable, I could use this to my advantage. I kept looking into her eyes, as my smirk got wider and wider. Travis and Aaron were looking at me like I was crazy, and I probably was, but who would miss the chance to ruin someone's school life. I was expecting this to be a boring year, but now I know one thing for sure.

This year is going to be fun and exciting.

_______________________________