Cнapтer 10

(Ana's POV)

September 17, 2015

"There's only a thin line between love and hate, and sometimes it feels like we're dancing on that line." - Anne Dawn

_______________

I groaned in pain as I sat up from the floor. I had a nightmare last night, and I fell off the bed during it. My clock said 5:29. As I managed to stand, the annoying alarm clock went off. I slammed my fist onto the off button and stumbled into the shower. My hair had so many knots, I winced as I untangled them with my fingers. Massaging my scalp, I sighed at the feeling of the water hitting my body.

Shaving quickly, I washed my hair and stepped into the cold air. Wrapping a towel around my hair and body, I pulled on my sweats and a pink hoodie. Adding random shoes, I pulled the towel from my hair and rubbed conditioner into it. Using a untangling brush, I battled the knots in my hair and used a blow dryer to remove the wetness. My eyes were puffy, probably from the nightmare. I walked into my room and heard a ping. It was my phone. I had a text message from Julie.

Ana, darling, I forgot to mention, today you have a photo shoot with Josh at the Private Beach House he owns, and on Sunday you have your first filming! See you at 5! Here's the address: 1873 West Beach Rd, 9045 CA. - J

I rolled my eyes. I already knew where the beach house was. Josh tried to get me to go there for a party once. It was 6:25 when I finally made my way downstairs to the kitchen. Yet again, Marcus sat there drinking his coffee. Doesn't he have anything better to do? I opened the fridge and grabbed leftover pancakes with sausage, bacon, black pudding and Heinz beans. Yum! I heated it up and gobbled it down like it was my last meal.

Marcus's jaw was on the ground and I smiled sheepishly. After running upstairs and brushing my teeth, I joined Marcus in his car. He seemed uneasy today. He wouldn't look me in the eyes. I shook it off and hopped out of the car. I was in a good mood, and nothing would bring it down. Gigi and Emma were at Emma's locker, and I winced. Never mind. That can bring my good mood down. I know it was my fault, but I can't help but feel hurt by their avoidance. Lucas was nowhere in sight.

I need to tell my family that Josh, Emma and Gigi know about the secret. I sighed and walked to homeroom. I kept my head down, and flinched when Emma and Gigi avoided my seat and sat in the back. As soon as the bell rang, I escaped to math class. I sat in my usual seat and watched as Gigi sat in the back of the class. Lucas came in and looked between us curiously. He looked like he couldn't decide where to sit. Then he broke my heart even more and went to sit with Gigi.

That did it. I asked to go to the nurse because I wasn't feeling well, and ended up hiding out in the bathroom, tears streaming down my face. Why does life have to be so cruel? I held in a sob when the door opened. I was in the end stall that was closed off because it was broken. Nobody would look here. Multiple pairs of heels entered the bathroom and I lifted my feet onto the seat. That's when the gossip began.

"Did you hear? That fat ass nerd drove in with our new hottie Human Geo teacher." One of Melinda's followers sneered.

"Ugh, apparently they are cousins! I would hate being related to that thing." Another girl sneered.

Then Melinda laughed. "Apparently her friends realized how desperate and awful she is. They seem to be ignoring her, and avoiding her!" All of the evil skanks laughed and spent ten more minutes talking about hotties and stuff. I found out that Ryan Lope and Celia Gunnels broke up and Jessica, one of Melinda's followers, was going to "comfort" the heartbroken boy. I rolled my eyes when they left and when I made sure the coast was clear, burst into tears all over again. Why can't bullying stop? Can't they make a law?