Cнapтer 21

(Ana's POV)

December 27, 2015

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party." - Ron White

_______________________

I shot up from bed and groaned in pain. Today was my date with Josh! Mum and Dad said I can walk, but take the van and wheelchair JUST IN CASE. I smiled and crawled out of my warm bed into the cool air. I walked into the bathroom with a yawn and shut the door. My warm shower didn't wake me up, the text did.

Good Morning beautiful. Can't wait to see you ;D I'll pick you up at 1:00. - Josh.

I almost dropped my phone. It was 11:00! I ONLY HAD TWO HOURS. I fell into my closet and started searching for clothes. I found a cute pink half-sleeved shirt and paired it with white ripped shorts. I added white converse and headed into the bathroom. I wore light makeup and grabbed my silver watch and silver earrings. I checked the clock and decided to do my hair. I pulled my hair into high pony and grabbed my curler to curl the ends. To finish the look, I added a cute pink bow. I walked to my elevator and was about to enter when I remembered it. The gift Josh gave me. I still hadn't opened it. Opening my drawer, I sat on my bed and unwrapped the wrapping. Inside, was the most beautiful silver necklace I had seen. I picked it up. It had my name engraved on it. It was encrusted with diamond hearts. I walked to my mirror and clasped it around my neck.

The doorbell rang and my teary eyes widened. Josh was here! I stumbled into my elevator and let it take me downstairs. When the door opened, Josh was being interrogated by dad and my bodyguards. They stopped when I came into view. Josh wore a white button up shirt and blue shorts. He smiled and my heart fluttered.

"Hi." I squeaked nervously.

He looked me up and down and gulped. "Good morning beautiful!" He said.

"Where are we going?" I asked, grabbing my clutch and phone.

"Ah, that's a surprise!" He chuckled, making me pout playfully.

Josh nodded at dad and I followed him to his Jeep. I sat in the passenger seat and Josh turned to me. "Can I trust you to keep your eyes closed?"

I looked at him. He's not Jazzy. He's not Marcus. "Yes." I said as I closed my eyes and leaned back to get comfortable. I could feel the amusement pouring off of him as we drove off. Every now and then I would want to open my eyes, but I stayed true to my promise, and kept them shut. Maybe thirty minutes or so had passed when I got tired of the silence.

Stretching my arms out blindly, I ran my fingers along the dash until I found the control panel for music. Pressing a big button turned on the music, and turning a nob turned it up. Alone by Marshmello filled the air and I began bobbing my head to the beat.

Josh's laughter filled the air, and I giggled softly. "You are something!" He said, turning the car again. We pulled to a stop and the engine was turned off.

"Wait here, and keep your eyes shut." He said as the car door opened and closed.

Not a minute passed before my door was opened and my seat belt was unbuckled. My body was lifted up and I felt myself being carried bridal style. Musical laughter filled my ears. Where was I? My body was slowly turned until my feet hit the ground and I was standing upright. Josh bent down and placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Open your eyes." He whispered, and I complied.

Bright sunlight hit me as my eyes opened, and I gasped in happiness. We were on the fairgrounds! I had no idea a fair was going on! I spun around to look at Josh/