Breakdown (final)

(Y/N)'s POV

The last day of our holiday gotta be something pleasing or so I thought.

     I sat on this bench for almost an hour, alone. I tried my best to hold my tears back because it would be embarrassing if people who passed in front of me see me crying like a little girl whom lost her balloons. To be alone in an unfamiliar country, with no ability to speak in the language is something I avoid.

FLASHBACK (THIRD PERSON VIEW)

"(y/n), let's go buy souvenir before the plane comes." Haru said, smiling placidly. "Sure! I wonder what should I buy for my family..." You muttered. "Let's go there first. Maybe after seeing the souvenirs you'll know what you're going to buy." Haru said and took your hand in his, gripping it gently.

     "Mi-chan, Haru and I are going to go to the souvenir shop. If anything happens call me." You said and walked away with Haru who was holding such a weight from his backpack. "Sure thing. Me and Daiki will go somewhere place, too." She glanced at Daiki who was also glancing at her.

     Now you do feel like you have done your job as a matchmaker.

A LITTLE TIME SKIP

You pressed the turtle-plush key chain with your fingers as you wait for Haru to finish his souvenir shopping. The bench you sat on squeaked a little as you move from side to side—what an old bench.

     "Mama?" You looked up as  a little boy's cracked voice call out for his mother. You approached the crying little boy and put on your best smile. You want to comfort him or ask him what happened but you just don't know how. "Um..." The boy looked up; his eyes were already swollen and his cheeks were red. "Are you from Japan, nee-chan?" The boy spoke hesitantly with his shaky voice. "Ah, yes! Thank goodness." You said and lets out a sigh of relieve. "So, what happened?" You crouched and pats his head. "I... lost my mama." The boy cried as he also try to stifle it. "I'll help you find her."

TIME SKIP

The boy finally found his mother inside another souvenir store. Guess she was overwhelmed by souvenirs. You walked away from them after they both thanking you and the mother showed her gratitude by giving some of the souvenirs she bought.

     You looked up from the paper bag the boy's mother had given you and stopped your steps as you realize,

     You are in the middle of an unknown part of the city.

     With not much ability to speak in the language, you caught yourself getting panicked. You fished out your phone from your backpack and try to contact Haru. "Eh?" You pressed the switch button to turn the screen on but it wont. The battery's out. "Fuck." You let out a frown and scratched your head vigorously.

     Because just standing in the middle of nowhere wont help, you decided to explore a bit of the place. There are few of merchants and few shops that piqued your interest. There are foods, souvenirs, clothes, and lots of unfamiliar things. You really wanted to by something but how?

(Y/N)'s POV

I see a stack of candles on my right side with the scent of (anything). A candle would be great for my room. I still have some money inside my pocket but I have no clue about how to speak in Spanish. Maybe I could try speaking in English.

     "E-excuse me," I said as I approached the stand's keeper; a woman in her mid-40's age. "how much those candles... um, cost?"

     When she's about to answer me, a tall man approached her and scolds her in a language I really don't understand. The woman yells back at him and the man starting to yell louder as he grabs some of her merchandises. He's a thug, I guess.

    I couldn't stand the sight of a woman being robbed or yelled like that so I dragged myself into this riot. "Y-you move back!" I said hesitantly as I pulled the woman and stands in front of her. The man yelled at me and I really have no clue about what is he talking about and I suppose he's also had no clue about what I was talking about. Running out of idea to make this man go away, I slapped his face.

     What a good choice.

     Or so I thought.

     The man glared intently and he spat on me—making me cringed in disgust. I spit back on him and fortunately, he's distracted. I slapped his face and grabbed things he has stolen from the woman in a quite forceful manner. "Shoo!" I slapped him again and again; his face cringed in pain. "WHERE ARE THE GUARDS OR SECURITY OR POLICE OR ANYTHING?" I yelled and somehow, the man got the meaning of my words because he put on a troubled face and run away, leaving me with such a riot amidst all these people.

TIME SKIP

The woman thanked me and gave me lots of candles I was interested in. She cried and I just don't get what she said before. It just great that she gave me few candles.

     I'm still lost, though.

     My legs started to get a little wobbly because of the exhaustion and panic. I look around for a nearby bench and finally find one.

     And so I sat for about an hour.

END OF THE FLASHBACK

Tears welling up in my eyes as I'm thinking about what could happen in the next hour or maybe the next minute or even maybe the next second.

     I covered my eyes with both hands and looked down to hide my face from people who's passing in front of me. "Haru." I called out to his name, hoping he would find me.

     "(y/n)? (y/n). Oh," The familiar voice startles me out and I looked up to confirm the reality. I hope it's not a hallucination or something. "Haru." His gaze fixed on me and he puts a disbelieve looks on his face. My cheeks bedewed with tears of joy. I stood up awkwardly and hugged him tight, afraid of getting lost again. "I was looking for you. Where have you been? You just gone like that without any notice." He tighten his arms around my shoulder and buried his face on my shoulder. "I'm sorry for making you worried." I tiptoed to kiss his cheek and hug him a lot more tighter.

     "If you are going somewhere or anything, tell me first. Whether it's in these times or in our relationship." His voice cracked and I fluttered my eyes in another disbelieve. "I... no. I would never leave you." I pulled away from the hug a bit to see his handsome face tiptoed, again, to kiss his lips tenderly.

     "Don't. N-never leave." He said hesitantly and looked away to hide his blush even though I have seen it so many times before. "Aw, we were so cheesy, Haru."

     "T-the plane. Let's go to the airport already. The others are waiting, I suppose."

     "Sure, let's go home."

  --------------------------------------

THE ENDING WAS SUCKS RIIIIIGHHTT

I JUST CAN'T SEEMS TO MAKE A GOOD ENDING UGH