Sick

THIRD PERSON VIEW

"Haru, don't you think this is just so funny?" She started with her eyes still sticking to the television's screen.

     He unenthusiastically answered, "Uh-huh." She glared at him while his eyes still looking at the screen, tiredly.

     "Oh, well," She sighed and left the couch to brew a coffee and a tea. He kept his mouth closed, not even saying a word after she got up.

     He let himself fall onto the couch and laid limply after the warmth of her body left it. His half-lidded eyes stared emptily at the television.

     She's back with tea and coffee in her hands. "Haruka–" Her eyes widen after she saw him laying weakly on the couch with his cheeks red and eyes half-lidded.

     She placed those mugs on a nearby coffee table and knelt down to level her eyes with his. "Are you...?" She muttered and pressed a hand on his forehead; moving downwards to his temple and cheek. "Sick,"

     He replied her gaze deeply–as if looking through her. "Now, now, go to bed." She touched his hand and pulled it; trying to be gentle but somehow it is too hard–considering his weight as an athlete.

     He didn't even make any efforts to move his body away from the couch as if all energy have left him. "For heaven's sake, go to your bed, Haru!" She scrunched her face while trying her best to pull him.

     She let his hand go and pulled out her phone, "Should I call Makoto, now." His eyes widen and in an instant, he got up while pressing his fingers to his temple. "I should bring up Makoto again if you are this stubborn."

     He sat on the edge of the bed and crawled his way to the pillow. Once he got there, he flopped his body and faced the ceiling.

     "First, you need some sleep. I'll make some pordige or soup for you." She announced and kissed his forehead. Before she could walk away too far from him, he tugged on her sleeve, making her turned her head, wide-eyed.

     "What is it?" Her eyes widen, ever so slightly, before softens with a smile under her eyes. "Stay." The heat on his cheeks got hotter than before, making him feel slightly uncomfortable.

     She blinked few times and said, "Okay." Mirth coming from the brilliant color of his eyes as she settled herself down beside him.

     "So," She brushed away the damp strands of hair from his temple. "what do you want me to do?" He coughed and smiled weakly.

     "Tell me something." He croaked out and held the hand she put on his temple. She smiled and laid beside him, under the covers.

     His eyes widen and he pushed her away from her by her shoulder. "You'll catch my cold."

     She chuckled, "After taking care of you, you will get better. And if I get sick, you could just take care of me."

    Haru shook his head, "I would never want to see you get sick. It's better like this. I always want you to be healthy." Her cheeks blushed in an instant.

     "Another reason to love you." She muttered under her breath seconds before her lips landed on his forehead.

     "But seriously, you totally need something to eat." She said and got up while the bed creaked in her movement.

     He pulled her by the sleeve, again. "I have no appetite, (y/n)." She rolled her eyes and still got out of the bed, leaving Haru laying limply on it.

     "I'll make you a pordige," She announced. "with mackerels." Mirth glinted from the brilliant color of his eyes, along with his lips curved into a smile.

*****

"Haru, it's done." She peeked behind his bedroom door.

     The rustling sound from the sheets caught her eyes. Haru got up and sit with hands propping his body.

     "Make youself comfortable." She giggled as she bring the tray of food and drink close to him.

     He extended his hand to reach out for the spoon and she stopped his hand before he could. "Please, I'll feed you." She chuckled.

     He shook his head and hand weakly, still trying to get the spoon.

     She looked up at him through her lashes in a little coquettish way. The red color creeping up from his cheeks to the tip of his ears.

     She took a spoonful of rice pordige and open her mouth, "Aah," He followed her gesture and opened his mouth shyly.

     The rice pordige actually tastes just typically but something quite different in it; it tastes tender and somehow better than any rice pordige he ever ate. It is clear for him she put lots of efforts in it–mixed with love and tender affection.

     "So," She put down her hand with the spoon between her fingers. "how's it?" She looked a little anxious and nervous.

     He decided not to say much; he opened his mouth and wait for her to feed him again. Her eyes soften after he did and feed him again.

     "You should rely more on me." She started while stirring the pordige using the plastic spoon.

     He stared at her, eyes sligthly widen. He never wanted to be a burden for her, just like now. He can't help her with making pordige or even comfort her; not even a word of comfort could.

     "I'm not going to be a burden for you." He cooed and reached out for her; cradling her face so affectionate.

     She lifted one of her brows and croacked out, "Trust me, you won't." She placed a hand over his hand on her cheek and looked deeply into the vivid color of blue in his eyes.

     "From the very first, relationship is all about comitment and relying on each other, right?" She asked, the tone in her voice was coaxing. She coughed, "From my prespective."

     He placed the tray aside and leaned in to kiss her forehead, moving downwards to her temple, cheek, and finally landed on the pink of her slightly pale lips.

     The kiss wasn't too long; it is rather sweet, affectionate, and lovely than their usual kiss. Leaving her breathless with heart pounding so loud inside her ribcage.

      She coughed and looked away before pressing his forehead onto hers. "Don't leave my side." He muttered shyly just under his breath with blush creeping up his cheeks. "I need you to stay." He rubbed the tip of his nose gently and she giggled.

     "Now," He pulled back and looked into the (e/c) of her irises. "let me do this though you might get my cold."

      He pulled her into an embrace and let themselves fall onto the bed playfully. He smiled at the moment as she giggled and snuggled to his chest.

     "I am so in love with the moment–" She chuckled out. "–the moment and you, for sure." He tightened his embrace and kissed the top of her head.

     He believed: without saying anything she will understand how big her love for her is.