When Summer Comes (Part 2)

-edited-

*gif's not mine, cr to the maker

———————

(Y/N)'s POV

    Haruka was sleeping besides me. His face is so close to mine, sending me thrills down my spine while my heart feels like it's going to burst.

     I know he's my boyfriend and I need to get used to it. I do know. Maybe I'm just a bit timid? Oh, well.

     His face is so cute when sleeping. I want to touch it so badly but that might wakes him up. I decided to just let him sleep peacefully without touching his face.

     Suddenly, Miyako stands besides my seat in the train. "Mi-chan? What's wrong?" I asked while tilting my head up. "We're almost finish our 'train trip'. Wake your dear boyfriend up, (y/n)." She said with a soft giggle which also makes me giggle.

     Haru slept just few minutes ago and I do feel bad if I have to wake him up. But I really should wake him up. It's for his own good, though.

     "Ha-Haru. Wake up—we're almost there." I stammered out a bit; nervousness and guiltiness filled my head. I brushed his cheek to wake him up. Haru lets out a slight groan as his eyes flutter open. Once those eyes opened, he looked at me with his ocean-blue eyes.

     Those eyes never bore me out.

     "(y/n)? The station?" He asked in a slight husky voice that tickles my ears while fixing his messy, bed hair. "We're almost there. That's why I woke you. Sorry, you only got a little sleep." I apologized and put on a tired smile.

     "That's fine. Good choice, anyways." He said while ruffling my hair.

TIME SKIP

Beaches always have some sort of particular scent.

     The clear water sparkles from afar, filling Haru's eyes with mirth. The sky looks clear, painted with some soft clouds.

     Water always excites Haru.

     He opened his clothes, leaving him with that one swim trunks of his. He ran towards the water and jumped into it.

     "Your boyfriend swim first?" Miyako asked while somehow, stifling her laugh. "Sorry about that. He's just so crazy about swimming and water. I sometimes feels like losing to it." I laughed and put a hand on my forehead to cover my eyes from the bright sun.

     "Ah, I thought I had heard about that before." Mi-chan laughed while crawling to the tapestry. She took off her parka that covered her bikini  underneath before, which also reminds me of my own.

     "(y/n)! How long are you going to wear that parka? You should probably shows your new bikini to your boyfriend or it's going to be a waste." She said as she pulled my parka up to my head, trying to take it off. Unfortunately, she managed to open it; I'm sitting under an umbrella with a (color) bikini. I feel so embarrassed yet also feel so proud somehow.

      Haru suddenly stands in front of me with droplets of water falling from his dark hair to his muscular chest. He stare, a bit too long which makes me feel a little anxious and embarrassed in the same time. He just stared in silence while his red cheeks talking for him, unconsciously.

     Thank goodness Mi-chan and her boyfriend went somewhere place to play volleyball.

     "W-what do you think?" I stammered out while looking up at him with under my lashes. "Good." His answer was curt, I thought he's mad. He averted his gaze and covered his crimson cheeks with the back of his hand.

     I reply him with a shy smile painted on my face. I'm happy. It feels like my heart stopped for a moment before beating again.

"Th-thanks Haru. H-hey, don't you think it's a little boring here? We should go somewhere." I changed the topic to hide my embarrassment plus, my happines. "Sure. Where?" He slightly smiled.

"How about a stroll here with no swimming?" I laughs as I says my own words. He chuckled and grabbed my hand, pulling it so I could stand up. "I won't if you said no."

    The summer breeze carressed my cheeks; slowly enveloping me.

     "Haru," A question comes up all of sudden, tickling me; I have to ask him. "Yes?" He turned his head to look into my eyes, sending my heartbeats into frenzy. "You—you won't cheat on me, no?" I have been thinking about this question but I don't have any courage to ask. "Maybe I would." He answered.

     "What?" I knitted my brows together in confusion and a slight anger.

     "With water, I guess." He said, chuckling nonchalantly.

     "This guy was joking!" I laughed, my eyes widen in shock. "You, Nanase Haruka, joke?"

     "You were very serious. I'm sorry. Don't cry." He said while peering into my face to check, if I have tears or not.

     Unfortunately, I have some. From laughing and fear. Fear of losing the water-boy. He don't says much; wiping my tears away is enough. "I don't want to lose you. I... I don't want you to leave me." I stopped my tracks and hug him like he's the most precious thing ever.

     He hugs back while rubbing my back, trying to soothe me. "W-why would I leave you." He said while kissing the top of my head.

TIME SKIP

Haru took me to a nearby restaurant to get us some food. He ordered mackerels, as usual, while I order a (food).

     The view from our seat's priceless; the blue sea shimmering from afar, leaving us both breathless. Crowds leaving the beach after the sunset laid with such a breathtaking hue.

     The view's pricless, yes. But being with him far more pricless.