The Birthday

-edited-

----------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

Today is my birthday.

     With excitement, anticipation, and happiness, I get ready for school with a big grin fixed on my face. My parents gave me their birthday prayers, also with my brother. "My dear, (y/n). You are a baby no more." Mom said with tears in the corner of her eyes. "Yeah, I'm 18. Time sure passed by," I kissed her cheek affectionately and beaming happily as she smiled nostalgically.

     Mom just smiled while placing her hands on my shoulders "Wait for your birthday gift." She kissed my forehead and stroked my head. "Thanks, Mom." I grabbed my bag and waved my hand to my family.

     I try to walk normally, though, I almost skipped all the way to Haru's place to pick him up and reminds him not to sink too long in the bathtub. I walked straight to the bathroom after opening his front door. It's not like he's going to be outside the house.

     Haru sank until I can't even see his mouth. He closed his eyes; relaxing every seconds he had. "Haru," I called his name from his door frame, hoping he would get up and approach me. "Yes?" He opened his eyes and adjusted his siting position. "Get up! Guess what day is it." I walked closer and propped my head using my hand, which is placed on the bathtub's side. "Friday?"

     "I can't say that's wrong, either." I looked away and sighed in disappointment. "What do you mean?" After that, he rose from the bathtub with droplets of water dripping from his hair to his muscular chest.

     Seems like someone forget a birthday.

     I never thought it would be this hurt when someone important forgot your birthday. "Y-yeah," I moved back and tucked some strands of my hair behind my ear to cover my nervousness. We decided to walk together as usual.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The way to school seems so far away; like it never ends.

     "What's wrong?" Haru asked while looking at you from the corner of his eyes. "You were so cheerful and now you're all gloomy." I averted my gaze from him, looking away to avoid more uneasiness. "I just kinda feel like being gloomy today." The sarcasm in my voice almost visible to see; almost like piercing through anyone's ears. Speechless, Haru looked at you and averted his gaze a moment later,

     Arrived, you go to your class after parting with Haru. Usually, both visited the nearby vending machine to buy some drinks while spending time together. Just for a bit longer. Haru's eyes fixed on your back as you makes your way to the class.

*****

Miyako gave you a birthday gift, wrapped neatly with a little ribbon on it.

     You opened the gift box, only to find a pair of (color) mittens, looking clean, new, and cute. "Thanks," You smiled wryly and hugged her. "They're adorable. Thanks." You pulled back, smiling as honest and pure as possible. "You're welcome! I chose this because winter is around the corner, you see." She hugged herself, gesturing the coldness from winter. "Right, thanks."

      "Hey, I wan't to see what gift your boyfriend got fro you." Miyako said while shouldering me. "He gave me none." I pressed a hand on my forehead and sighed deeply. "Seriously?!" Miyako leaned in and tilted her head. "What do you expect from a person who doesn't even remember his girlfriend's birthday?" I looked up; oh, I bet my eyes looks a bit misty. "Oh, my." Miyako wiped my tears from the corner of my eyes using his forefingers.

Haru's POV

The bell signing the break time has rang since minutes ago.

     Where's (y/n)? Usually she comes over to spend her break time with me. Now where is that girl? "Huh? Haru." I turned my head to the source of the sound, only to find Makoto walking toward me with a bit of perplexed looks on his face.