A Father (AU)

He ran through the hospital hall that smelled like how hospital usually is.

     Beads of sweat ran on his forehead—made from anxiety and restlessness. The scarf around his neck hung messily on his neck after ruined by the wind as he rushed.

     His feet stopped in front of the numbered door with a gentle blue color. He took a deep breath and fixed his scarf though just drapping one part on his shoulder.

     He knocked nervously; he had his hand trembled. He opened the door and peeked in before entering the room. The morning sunlight dyed the room in a vibrant soft-yellow, made his heart ache to see it—especially after he saw some strings of light shone on his beloved. Two of his beloved.

      "You're finally here." She said tiredly with her eyes brimming with tears.

     "Sorry for being late and couldn't be there for you," He rushed to her side after getting himself a chair to sit on. "h-how is it?"

     She chuckled, "I suppose that's because some traffic jam. How is what? This?" She lifted the baby she had in her arms with a proud yet tired smile across her face.

     The time seemed to stop for a moment for him. He sat still for a moment to regain his composure back after tears of joy pouring out of him.

     "I-I..." He extanded his hands hesitantly and pulled them back in the slightest.

     "You'll be fine." She reassured, leaning closer to him with all the powers she had left.

     He hesitantly took the baby to have it on his tense arms. He smiled as he felt his chest swelled with pride.

     "He looks just like you," He chuckled lowly. "just look at those eyes. Though it has irises like mine, they reflect you—all of you. Even the most hidden one."

      "What do you mean," She laughed tiredly while leaning back on her pillow.

     "I think I could handle this. You go rest." He offered, one of the edges of his lips rose upwards.

     "Really?" She looked up and her brows were furrowed.

     "He looked comfortable enough." He cradled the baby and smiled after he smiled. "He just smiled at me."

     "He recognized you as his father and he feels safe." She smiled with tears on the corner of her eyes.

     "This is a miracle. Thank you, (y/n)." He thanked with an earnest smile fixed on his face.
     She smiled and tears of joy streamed down her cheeks.

     "I love you," He said in an adoring tone. "and you too." He looked down at the baby with affection glinted in his ocean blue eyes.

     "Haruka," She called out. "before I go to sleep, can we get him a name first?"

     His eyes slighly widened but soften after that. "Sure."

    Silence surrounded them as the thinking out loud began.

     "Can it be something related to water?" He broke the silence.

     She stared at him, looking slightly annoyed.

      "I think that means a no." He trailed off. "How about something great like, great?"

      "Uh? You lost me." She giggled. "How about something plant-related; like flowers, trees."

      "How about we combine something great—because water is great—with something plant-related?"

     "Great idea."

     He smiled and his eyes fluttered close to focus on his mind. "How about a great, big tree? Daiki. From the kanji big and tree." He explained, "We want him to be sturdy, strong, grand, and reliable, right?"

     "I love that." She smiled. "Hello, Nanase Daiki."