CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
Once again the redhead was standing on the parking lot, just this time, Emmett wasn't anywhere to be seen. She was instead standing with Tom, who was half-panicking. "Why won't you tell me what's wrong Alex? Something is obviously bothering you and it's bothering and worrying me that you don't want to talk about it."

"Tom, cancel your subscription to my issues, I don't have anything to say. I'm just tired, so stop nagging." The girl spoke loudly, as she was getting irritated that he wouldn't stop asking.

"I'm not a nagger, I'm just a motivational speaker." He said, smirking.

"Yeah, well you can take your motivational speeches and try to help Isaac bring his grades up or to get Becca to talk to Mandy Waters, I don't need your encouraging." Alex said, finally spotting the Cullens coming out of the big front door. She waved at Emmett, before saying bye to Tom who was muttering silently, and walked towards the group.

"Yo, what's up Dexter?" Emmett half-yelled, doing some weird manly movement with his arms. Alex just shrugged her shoulders before slinging her arm over his (with great effort, he was a tall boy.)

"You know, chilling and killing," she said, making the big guy chuckle. "Ready for civil war 2.0?"

"You know it sister," he said, before slinging his arm over her shoulders to. His arm was heavy, but she tried not to show him what force she had to use to keep standing. Not only was it heavy, but cold.

"Come on Emmett, you're crushing her," Rosalie said, lifting his arm of Alex's shoulders with ease. Emmett chuckled.

"Alexandra Taylor, you are the weakest person I've ever met," Alex stuck her tongue out at him. "Oh yeah, real mature there Dexter."

"Yeah, I was going to give you a nasty look but it seems like you already have one," she said, hearing Rosalie letting out a clinging laugh. Emmett narrowed his eyes in the redhead's direction, who just smirked at him. Emmett fake-laughed, before trying hard to come up with a comeback.

"You know what's funny? Not you. Let's go." He said, making a grunting sound as he, with ease, dragged Alex to the jeep. The girl could do nothing but follow him around like a ragdoll.

After a bit of struggling and yelling, Emmett released the redhead and they were now standing next to the two cars, talking freely. Well, everyone was, except for Edward who was staring in an entirely different direction. It was as if he could sense the accident that was about to happen. Alex observed him, seeing that he was staring at a brunette girl who was picking something out of her bag right next to a orange Chevy pickup. That's when the van came, and Edward was no longer standing by the group.

The sound of tires against asphalt shrieked in her eyes, and it all was stopped a second later with the sound of metal getting buckled. Alex felt fear in her entire body as she looked over there, seeing the black van entirely pressed against the orange Chevy pickup.

Then she caught sight of the bronze-colored hair that belonged to Edward, peeking up from between the two cars. She expected to see him hurt and damaged, but he rose with ease, lifting himself up from between the two cars and walking away without looking back. Alex's head was swarming with questions, but she couldn't get any words out. She'd just witnessed a series of events that would come to change her life, but of course she didn't know that at the time.

She looked over at the other members of the family, seeing their stiff faces as they were packing their things together, getting ready to leave. "Get in the jeep Alex," Jasper said, not looking away from the two cars as he was folding in his umbrella. He then turned around and spoke quietly to Emmett.