CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
Alex was sitting on the porch of the Cullen house; her lips were just slightly curved upwards as her hair blew in the wind. Jasper was sitting inside with the rest of his family and Bella, talking about something Alex wasn't completely sure of. In all honesty, she really just wanted things to be as close to normal as they could get, which is why she decided not to not participate as the meeting wasn't concerning her anyways.

"Hello Dexter," Emmett spoke from her right making her jump. She hadn't noticed that he'd come out and he was now sitting next to her with a grin on his lips. Alex smiled slightly.

"Hey," she said. "I don't appreciate the fact that you keep scaring me all the time but I'll ignore it this time."

"Not my fault you're completely unaware of your surroundings. Anyways, it's getting kind of annoying in there, they're talking about working with the wolves and all. I really don't like the sound of that," Emmett spoke, making Alex quirk an eyebrow.

"What's wrong with them?" Alex spoke, quickly continuing when she saw Emmett open his mouth. "Besides the fact that they smell bad, I've only heard that a million times before."

Emmett smirked. "Well, that is a big factor. Other than that, I don't trust them. Especially that Paul-guy, his mood is off the rockers and he drives me crazy."

"Well, look at it from the bright side!" Alex tried, making Emmett look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Wait, was that... were you just saying something positive? The eternal pessimist Alexandra Taylor is actually trying to bring joy to the world?"

"Suck it, leech," Alex muttered making Emmett laugh at her.

"The problem here is that there is no bright side except for the fact that we get more time to actually do fun things if those dogs are guarding Bella too. Otherwise, it's all fucked," Emmett said, making Alex shrug.

"Probably."

Emmett then smirked, looking at Alex as he turned slightly and leaned against the pillar behind him. "So, Alex and Jasper are back together huh?"

Alex shrugged. "I guess. You didn't seem so keen on that when you literally ran on full speed away from the house earlier," Alex pointed out as Emmett showed sudden interest in the topic.

"Well, that didn't really help things," Emmett pointed out. "Anyways, I'm happy for you. I mean it in all seriousness, you two really deserve each other and I like seeing you happy Alex."

Alex couldn't help but to smile widely at the statement as she bumped her shoulder into Emmett's. "Thanks Emmett. I'm going to ignore the fact that you're making me uncomfortable whenever you're not joking around and instead I'll be grateful."

"Thank you sweet step-sister," Emmett said, making Alex roll her eyes momentarily. In that moment the door opened, revealing Jasper, Edward and Bella, standing all together and looking dull. Though, Jasper quickly brightened when he caught sight of Alex who was sitting with her back turned towards him, carrying a conversation with Emmett as her hair blew in the wind and the hem of her dress was fluttering slightly. He grinned before he walked up and put a cold hand on her canvas-covered shoulder, making her snap her head up to him and smile while she felt her mood rise by the second. It was something about his eyes that made her go completely crazy.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Jasper asked her with a smile still on his lips, the events of earlier today repeating in his head. Alex nodded, standing up with the help of Jasper's outreached hand before she brushed her dress off quickly as she noticed the porch was a bit dusty.

She looked at the others and saw Edward grinning slightly, making her furrow her brows and narrow her eyes. "What's up now then, emo-boy?"

Edward chuckled at the nickname before looking between Jasper and Alex. "You should probably try to get your boyfriend thinking of something else, it's getting tiring."