CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
"So, inform me Alex dearest – what did you and your beloved blond friend do yesterday when you left?" Tom spoke formally, making Alex cringe.

"We watched a movie, looked at some pictures and videos from my computer, then I went to sleep. That's literally it," Alex spoke, making the boy next to her groan.

"Ah, shit. I made a bet with Isaac that you'd be together by now, I guess I owe him 15 bucks. Honestly though Alex, you should just-" Tom mumbled, making Alex snap and cut him off. She was glad her friends weren't mad with Jasper, but they pushed it far too quick. Alex had no idea what she was thinking anymore, everything just got a lot more confusing when people were telling her things from left to right.

"Hey Tom? Remember when I asked for your opinion?"

"What? No?"

"Me neither! So, that means that you should probably shut up now, you sound a lot more sexy when you do," Alex muttered making Tom stop in his tracks and look at her with wide eyes.

"You're back," he mumbled quietly, before yelling. "She's back everybody!"

Alex looked at him with widened eyes. "In case you didn't see the look I just gave you Tom, shut up!"

The boy didn't listen though, so Alex just gave him one more desperate look before turning around and walking away from the boy who was laughing like a maniac. True, Alex hadn't been her witty self the last couple of months, but then again, everything had been completely out of balance.

Tuesdays meant chemistry, so Alex was headed in the direction of her class with a quick pace. That was, until she was pulled back by a strong arm, making her groan.

"I hate being pulled around, can everyone just let the midget walk freely?" Alex spoke, making Emmett laugh as he snuck his arm around her, so they now were walking down the hallways together.

"Well, no. that's the only point of living Alex! Do you really think I'd put up with all of this if I didn't get to boss you around?"

"Excuse me, I said nothing about bossing around. I merely said dragging me everywhere you want. I am my own goddamn boss, cut that egocentric controlling bullshit." Emmett looked impressed at this.

"Okay, I'll be honest with you Dexter. I only came over here to see if you were actually back to slaying people as Tom was screaming over there. Clearly he was correct, damn girl. Since winter already passed and summer is coming, maybe I could cover myself up in that shade you're throwing since that burn wound was pretty bad," Emmett said, making Alex widen her eyes.

"That was actually pretty good Emmett. A clear step-up from 'you know what's funny? Not you'." Alex said, impressed smile on her lips. Emmett smacked her loosely on the head, making her glare playfully at him.

"I have always been funny."

"Nah, from what Rosalie told me, you started to grow humor-wise when you met yours truly," Alex said, pointing to herself. Emmett rolled his eyes, before leading Alex towards the chemistry-room.

"So, you're gossiping about me with my wife aye?" Emmett spoke, making Alex cringe at the way he said it.

"I wouldn't say gossiping, I'd rather use the word... bitching," Alex said, making Emmett once again roll his eyes. "Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find your brain in there."

"Holy shit Alex, go easy on me alright? I need some time to get used to all of this ego-ruining, you can't just hit me with it all directly and expect me to not be wounded for life," Emmett muttered, opening the door to the classroom, motioning for Alex to walk in before her, which she gladly did.

"How nice for the reunited duo to join us," Mrs. Anthony spoke, making Alex throw an overdone smile at her while walking over to her seat next to the window, Emmett doing the same.

"Sorry Mrs. Anthony!" Emmett's voice was slightly pitched, the lady just rolled her eyes and continued the class that had apparently already begun without them knowing.

Ten minutes later, Emmett and Alex were standing hovered over a jar filled with sugar, the two of them pushing a cup of sulfuric acid between them.

"You do it," Alex exclaimed as Emmett tried to hand her the cup, which she merely pushed away.

"No way in hell," he muttered, before placing it down on the table and glaring at Alex with arms crossed over his chest. Alex groaned.

"Why not? You're indestructible!"

"Well..." Emmett muttered. "I freaking hate it when things come towards me. It's terrifying."

Alex looked at Emmett for a second, before she burst out laughing. "Emmett Cullen, vampire, made of stone, cold hearted, savage, is afraid of putting sulfuric acid in a cup with sugar."

"Hey! You're scared too!" Emmett exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I'm mortal!" Alex said, making Emmett huff and place his arms crossed over his chest again. Alex groaned when she realized that he wouldn't change his mind, so she reached over to the cup and began pouring it into the sugar, mixing quickly after it was in.

"That's right Alex! No fear! No mercy!"

Alex glared at Emmett for a second, before squealing and pulling her fingers away when the mixture started to rise and create coal.

"Holy shit, is that supposed to happen?" Emmett exclaimed, making Alex shrug.

"I don't fucking know! You're the one who's been in school for a hundred years!"

"Hey! Only like 70 years," Emmett muttered, seeing the reaction slow down and stop completely eventually. The two of them stood and stared at the reaction for a few seconds, just taking it in, before Emmett started to chuckle.

"That worked almost exactly like a penis."