CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
Alex was in physics class, which she'd chosen to read extra that year. Isaac, too, was reading extra physics that year, sitting next to her and rubbing his temples from thinking hard about something. Alex herself was staring out the window, letting the emptiness in her chest take over for a bit. The pain she actually felt made her question her own worth, and if she actually was anything without him, or if she really was nothing until he came around.

"Alex, you know the answer to number 5?" Isaac said, making her look away from the parking lot outside and look down into her book. She hadn't even started yet, but she looked over the question he'd asked about anyways.

"It's sin 45 degrees times the length of the hypotenuse. Then just multiply with the force," Alex mumbled, before picking up her pen and started to write down her equations and solutions on her until now blank paper. Isaac nodded, while reading the text through, before smiling and laughing slightly.

"What would I do without you Alex?" he said, making her smile quickly out of courtesies. She really wasn't in the mood, but she didn't want to come off as rude all the time. It just wasn't her thing.

Alex had taken her venlafaxine, an anti-depressant her doctor had given her in her last heap of depression that morning, but she didn't feel that much of a difference. She assumed that it'd come with time like it'd done before, but up until then she only felt some weird feeling in her legs and nothing else. She shrugged, before getting to work.

It was her last class for the day, meaning that in exactly four and a half minutes it would be 5 o'clock and she could leave the classroom and go to Port Angeles together with Josh, who was probably already waiting for her out on the parking lot of the school. Looking up from her paper she looked out the window, and sure enough, she saw his blue car parked in the further end of the lot.

Josh was going to go and talk to his new boss and introduce himself to his new colleagues, and he decided to bring Alex, just because he didn't want her to go straight home and dive into bed and read the rest of the night. He was worried about the pattern she was creating to avoid any memories of the Cullens, so he did everything in his power to break the chain.

And there it was, the call of the teacher telling them that the class was over. Alex slowly rose from her chair and walked out of the building together with Isaac who was talking about some new video game. She actually found it comforting to hear him talk and not having to respond, and he was aware of it. She really didn't have the energy to actually contribute, so she stuck to smiling and nodding.

They reached Isaac's motorcycle first, so after a quick hug he sat down on his Yamaha and took on his helmet, while Alex walked on down the parking lot, finally reaching her brother who was currently standing outside the vehicle and smoking a cigarette. 

Alex sighed. "You've got to stop doing that," she said, referring to the smoke in his hand. Josh sighed, but nodded.

"I know, bad habit. It's because of college, I was so stressed all the time. This was giving me the illusion of relief, now it's just another one of my too big outgoings," he said before he threw it down on the ground and crushed it with his shoe. He got in the car just like his sister, before he drove down the street towards Port Angeles.

"So, what are you planning on doing in town?" Josh said, breaking the silence that was hovering over them. Alex shrugged.

"I don't really know. I suppose I'll go to that vinyl store and look for 'hot space', I could go look for some things for my room as well," Alex said, making Josh smile.

"Don't you have enough Queen for your record player?" he laughed, making Alex smile.

"The only released collaboration between Queen and David Bowie is on that vinyl and I don't own it, can I really call myself a true fan Josh? No, I don't have enough until that disc is touching the needle of my player," Alex said, making Josh laugh slightly.