CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
When Alex stepped inside Emmett's house, she was surprised to see Jasper standing there, talking to Carlisle and Edward. She stopped in her tracks and took in his appearance. His hair was out of place and his eyes were brighter than ever, but more importantly, his shirt was covered in blood.

Alex took in a sharp breath when she met his eyes and saw everything clearly. "What happened to you?" she said while exhaling, making her voice lighter and weaker than intended. Jasper looked at Carlisle for a second before looking back at her. He opened his mouth, but Edward spoke up before Jasper had the time to speak.

"Jasper got into a fight with some guy in the city," he said, staring between Jasper and Alex. Alex's eyes widened, Jasper didn't seem like the violent type and she hadn't expected that.

"What? Why?" disbelief stained her voice.

"A subject for another time, I need to take care of Jasper now but you're free to question him when I'm done," Carlisle said, smiling at Alex who nodded at him, before taking his son to his office. Alex blinked a few times and shook her head before turning around facing Emmett.

"You okay?" he asked her. He worried for her, seeing how she didn't seem to handle it very well.

"Uh, yeah I guess, I'm just not very good with accidents and these kind of things..." she said, trailing off. "Do you, uh, do you think you can take me home? I can finish the work by myself, but I don't think I can focus now."

"Of course Dexter, let me just go check up on Jasper quickly and then we can go." He said, kissing the top of her head as he walked out of the hall and into Carlisle's office. She smiled, realizing that Emmett was quickly becoming a close friend to her. 

There were a few minutes of silence, before she heard a few yells, coming from Emmett and Jasper, then silence again. She probably waited for five minutes before Emmett came back, classical smirk on his face as he opened the door for her, motioning for her that they could leave now. She stepped out of the house and into the jeep, waiting for Emmett to do the same.

The second Emmett started the car, the radio started to blast some new dubstep tune, causing Alex to cover her ears. She didn't have anything against dubstep most of the time, but the timing and the volume just angered her. Emmett laughed as he lowered the volume and turned on the Bluetooth setting so that said girl could connect her phone to the stereo instead. She gladly did, hitting shuffle on her playlist quickly. Plateau from nirvanas MTV unplugged session started to play, one of her favorite songs.

"Ah, you're a grungeball!" Emmett said, making the girl smile. "I wouldn't have guessed, what else do you listen to Dexter?"

"Well, I like Queen and Freddie Mercury overall, David Bowie is my leader and I love Green Day and Eminem."

"Well, there are some diversions there, one does not simply mix David Bowie and Eminem, but I approve. You officially have good taste in music."

"I feel honored," she said, just as the song ended. Blood brothers by Iron maiden started playing, the acoustic intro as beautiful as ever. "Does Jasper often do that?"

"Do what?"

"Get in fights?" she asked, getting impatient as she knew that he knew what she was talking about, he was just avoiding the subject.

"Oh, that. No, this is the first time," he stated, making her nod. She was worried about him, there was so much blood.

The rest of the drive was silent, Alex was thinking about Jasper and Emmett seemed to be doing the same thing. When he pulled up on her driveway she thanked him for the ride and was about to close the door when he said her name.