CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY
"Can someone tell me the formula for photosynthesis?" Mr. Molina said, as they were standing outside the planthouse waiting to go inside. Alex knew the answer, but had no interest what so ever to answer, she just wanted to get the day over with.

"Well, okay then," Mr. Molina continued when no one gave him the answer, "can someone at least tell me how photosynthesis works?"

It was quiet for a while, until a guy named Tyler spoke up. "Ey, it's like, when plants drink water and shit."

Mr. Molina looked at him for a moment before turning around while shaking his head, walking into the planthouse. Alex snickered, before following him. When inside, she followed the stream and walked in the line that the students had formed. Jasper held his arm around her waist as they walked together. Alex looked ahead, and saw Edward talking to a girl, more specifically the girl he'd saved from being crushed by a car.

"Hey Jasper," Alex said, making him look at her. "Who's that?"

"That's Isabella, I think Edward said that they have biology together. It seems as though Edward has taken a liking towards her," he said, making her snicker.

"Does she know about you and your family?" Alex wondered, seeing Jasper shake his head.

"No, he hasn't had the need to tell her but Alice said that she saw it happen."

"What do you me- Oh, right," she said, making Jasper chuckle. She smiled, she liked that sound. She looked at the two of them who walked in front of her and Jasper, just to see that girl named Jessica run up to Bella, making Edward leave quickly.

"Can I ask you something Alex?" Jasper said, looking at her. She couldn't deny the fact that she felt her stomach flutter slightly when she met his gaze, making her look down as she got scared of her own feelings.

"Uh, yeah sure," she said, looking around slightly.

"Since we got on the bus you've been... sad. What's wrong?" he said, looking at her with concern. She shrugged.

"Well, I started to think and it turned a little bit negative," she said, remembering.

"Do you want to tell me?" Jasper said cautiously.

"I'm fine," she said, actually feeling like it. "I feel better now, I think I just needed some air."

"I'm here for you Alex."

"I know you are, just don't leave again," she joked, smiling slightly even though the two of them knew she was dead serious. He looked her dead in the eye, before reaching out to hug her. She put her arms around his neck, and he noticed that she was standing on her toes to reach since there was a large difference in their height. He chuckled while putting his arms around her waist, feeling at home with her.

He lifted her up and spun her half a lap, hearing her laugh, before setting her down. "How short are you really Alex?" he asked while laughing, making her chuckle too.

"I'm not that short, I'm 5'4. You're the odd one here Jasper, you're gigantic!" she said while laughing.

"You're just saying that because you're tiny. I'm 6'3," he said while smirking, making her smack his arm while laughing before she moved out in the line again. Jasper smiled in her direction.

"Is it a vampire thing that you all look like you are related to Kurt Cobain, Ruby Rose, Alycia Debnam-Carey and every other goddamn attractive person to ever walk this earth or were you just lucky?" Alex said when he'd caught up with her. They'd ended up in the far back of the line, with at least 15 feet between the people in front of them. Jasper smiled even though he had no idea who the last two were; he assumed it was a compliment since it involved Kurt Cobain and he knew how much the girl adored him.