CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
Alex didn't wake up for school that following Monday morning - in fact, she never fell asleep. Her mind was raging and reminding her that everything was going down completely. Instead she'd been lying awake all night, reading books, while trying to get Jasper's eyes out of her mind.

She grew impatient as she waited for the bell to ring, so she finally groaned and turned the alarm off before heading into the shower 45 minutes earlier than necessary.

Since she had the time, Alex let herself stand in the shower for quite some time just warming herself up. Then, when she finally had washed her hair and body, she got out of the shower and got dressed before brushing her teeth. She also put on some make up since her face was slightly red from the hysteria she'd gone through the night before. When she was done, she sighed before leaving the bathroom with heavy steps.

When Alex was finished, she was just on time. She must've taken longer in the shower than she'd realized, but it didn't matter since she was still not late. She got down the stairs and walked past her family who were all sitting at the kitchen table, greeting them quickly before walking over to the door and putting on her coat and boots. Her mother sighed when Alex left directly without eating, but she knew it was a side-effect from the venlafaxine Alex had been taking for her depression. The girl just couldn't eat in the morning anymore.

Alex walked to the beat of her music; she was listening to Troye Sivan's BITE while mouthing the music in the slightest just because it was her favorite song right then. She walked extra slowly that day just because of the fact that once she got to school she'd have to see Jasper in at least two of the classes she took that year.

Alex spotted Tom out on the parking lot with a cigarette in his hand and a smile on his face as he talked to Cyrus and Rebecca. She could hear his laugh from across the street, but it didn't make her smile as it used to. Now, her mind was blurry and she didn't react to the small things the same way.

"Hey, Alex!" Tom yelled as Alex walked towards them, the girl not having the energy to smile or laugh at his positive tone, she just greeted him back. He looked at her with narrowed eyes, but she shook her head. He'd find out soon enough. "So, you left the party early. I'm disappointed with you miss Taylor."

Alex nodded at Tom's words, looking up from her hands. "Yeah, just tired."

Tom looked at her skeptical, but let it go since he didn't want to bring it up as long as Cyrus was there - he might have been a friend of hers, but he was certain that she didn't want him in on her problems yet, and Alex was happy about that.

"So, what did you guys do anyways? I was too busy turning down all the lads and ladies who wanted a go with me, didn't have the time to hang with you," Tom spoke while winking towards the group, making both Rebecca and Cyrus laugh. Then, Rebecca smirked.

"Well, we started with a game of... was it quarters? I think so. Then the three of us-"

"Four of us, don't forget that guy... Benjamin?" Cyrus said, making Rebecca widen her eyes in realization as she forgot her friend.

"Oh yeah, Simon," she looked at Cyrus with a raised eyebrow, "was there too. But, as I was saying; we went out on the balcony and played a game of questions, where we conveniently found out that Simon has a drunk tattoo, Cyrus smokes weed and that I'm the one who broke his fish bowl," Becca glanced at Cyrus with a faked guilty expression as he narrowed his eyes at her. "Oh, and I might add that Cyrus has a thing for our favorite ginger, Alex."

Tom looked at Alex while wiggling his eyebrows, before high-fiving Cyrus who laughed at his actions. Alex smiled at them, even though it looked extremely stiff - she didn't want Cyrus to think she disliked him as it easily could be misinterpreted, so she tried her hardest to look kind and glad. Said boy smiled back at her, before Tom continued the conversation.