CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
"So, you're inviting me to a party?" Alex repeated the words Jasper had uttered, making him nod and smile ever so slightly.

"Indeed, a graduation party," he said, making her raise her eyebrows and poke around with her fork in the food on her plate.

"I'll pass," Alex said finally, making Jasper furrow his brows in confusion.

"You love parties," he said, making her shake her head.

"I hate parties, I love small gatherings with closer friends. This is going to be a catastrophe, since everyone will want to come and see the humble home of the Cullen family," Alex said before putting some pasta in her mouth and pointing with the fork at the blond boy in front of her.

"What's so bad about parties then?" Jasper spoke as he looked up at the girl next to him, seeing her fiddling with her cutlery. Her red hair was a bit messy, she hadn't had the time to brush it since she overslept that morning. He didn't mind, he found her to look her best when she didn't try although she was always perfect in his eyes.

"It's going to be crammed with people. To be quite honest I can't walk down a busy street without panicking, I just hate it when there are strangers around me. I'm sound sensitive as well, so if there are a lot of noises I dislike I'm going to flip my shit," Alex said, making Jasper nod in understanding. He hadn't thought about the fact that the girl actually had a bit of a problem with crowds.

"I'm not going to force you to go, but it's an open offer if you want to. Otherwise we'll just have to find something better to do," Jasper said with a smile on his lips which made Alex look up from her platter.

"What? You can still go Jasper, I'm fine with lying in bed and watching 'The Breakfast Club' for the 60th time," Alex said, which made Jasper chuckle. He knew very well that she had no problem with that.

"As much as you love that movie Alex, it's graduation! You really should go out, do something," Jasper spoke, making Alex shrug slightly as she found he was right.

"I guess that's true..." Alex mumbled in defeat. Jasper chuckled.

"So, what would you like to do? I'm joining you if you're fine with that," Jasper quickly added, making Alex smirk.

"Nah, you know what, I was planning on going with Edward," Alex spoke, making Jasper grin. Since the girl in front of him often found reasons to be annoyed with Edward, everything from his mind-reading to his girlfriend, Jasper quickly caught onto the sarcasm.

"Well then," Jasper said, putting a hand over where his heart had once been in mocked hurt. Alex laughed at the sight before sighing.

"Well, we could go to Seattle I guess, there's really not that much to do in Forks. Then, if the party calms down towards the night we could head over there. I hope you don't mind not going to the party," Alex said with furrowed eyebrows which made Jasper smile as he could sense she felt bad for not wanting to go to the party.

"Come on Alex, do you really think I'd chose a high school graduation party in front of quality time with you? I don't think so. A house filled with sweaty humans and their terrible choices of music is not really my scene," Jasper said before leaning his head into the female's red hair.

Alex chuckled. "I guess that makes sense. People are terrifying," Alex mumbled before putting some lettuce in her mouth. Jasper sniggered at the comment.

"You won't have to fear any human as long as I'm around."

o

Alex was sitting outside of the physics classroom, her leg was bouncing up and down as she fiddled with her fingers nervously. She was about to take her last test of the year - the last test she'd ever have to take in high school.

Isaac was pacing in front of her, completely unaware of his surroundings as he tried to remember the theoretic parts behind everything. Alex had spent most of her free time the last few weeks studying, but she still didn't feel ready. Then again, she never had before a test.

"Hey," a voice spoke as a cold and familiar hand was put on her shoulder. She looked up at Jasper with a small smile, but he saw through it obviously.

"Hey, don't you have class?" Alex spoke as he sat down next to her on the bench, she leaned her head onto his shoulder, feeling how he calmed her down.

"I did, then a little bird named Edward told me my girlfriend was close to having a panic attack because of a physics test she'd going to nail without doubt," Jasper spoke, making Alex smile slightly as she looked down at their hands that had found each other.

"I guess it's just nerves - it's my last test, I want to do good," Alex spoke, feeling a slight hint of nostalgia hitting her. She was in fact going to miss high school once it was over; not because she liked dealing with the stress it brought, or all the bad times she'd had to face, but because of the fact that all of her friends were splitting up once and for all. Rebecca was going to Penn State and Tom was going to Europe to work for a while. Isaac planned on heading to Memphis to play football. Alex was the only one who had no idea what to do, thinking about the future and the fact that she was soon going to be considered an adult freaked her out more than anything else.

"Alex, what is it really that you're stressing over?" Jasper spoke as he fiddled with her fingers, causing her to shrug.

"I'm just not ready to grow up yet I suppose," Alex spoke, making Jasper nod.

"Well, I would say I relate but I really don't have to worry about that."

"Thanks, asshole," Alex spoke with a chuckle as she smacked the grinning vampire on the arm. "Anyways, I'm fine. I just need to think about something else, Einstein, Newton, Tesla," Alex muttered, making Jasper smirk.

"Well, if you need me to come be your moral support then you just need to mentally yell at Edward and I'll make sure I come running."

"Oh, my knight in shining armor, thank you," Alex spoke with a grin. "But I can handle myself. I don't need no man to ace this test."

Jasper raised his brows in mocked surprise. "Is that so?"

Alex stood up from her seat, looking up at his risen frame with a wide grin. "Are you doubting my intelligence Hale?"

"Oh I would never," Jasper spoke, smiling before leaning his head down to kiss her on the nose. Though, Alex had something else in mind and moved her head upwards, meeting his lips with her own.

"Oh my god Rebecca, we need to stop them before they start frick-fracking in the hallway!"

Alex's eyebrows furrowed before she moved her head back slightly, looking around to see Tom running towards her with Rebecca by his side. Tom placed his arms around Alex's waist, lifting her off the ground and dragging her away into the classroom.

Alex was so surprised at the events that she couldn't get a sound out until she saw what was happening before her; Rebecca stood with arms around Jasper's waist, putting every bit of muscle in her body to work trying to lift him off of the ground with no success. A loud laugh left her mouth at the sight, Jasper's confused expression making her smile bright.

"Okay, never mind, you can... stay there," Rebecca mumbled with loud breaths leaving her mouth, finally a smirk grazed Jasper's lips as he nodded at that.

"Thank you," he said towards Rebecca before he looked back to Alex who waved at him before she disappeared out of sight in Tom's arms. Jasper chuckled before shaking his head and looking to the floor with a grin, slowly moving towards the bench to wait for her test to finish.