CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
"What- What are you talking about Alice?" Alex stuttered, feeling her stomach sink while a nauseating feeling entered her body.

"I saw her jump from a cliff, no one pushing her or anything, it was just... free will," Alice's eyes were unable to focus on one spot and moved from side to side, the vampire was obviously deep in thought. Alex pulled a trembling hand through her flaring red hair before grabbing her coat and walking out through the still open front door. Alex didn't want to think of it, but a part of her wondered if what she'd said to Bella earlier that day had something to do with the situation at hand. 

"Where are you going Alex?"

"We have to go to her house Alice, we need to talk to Charlie or... anyone," Alex said, trying to get everything straight in her fuzzy state of mind. Was this her fault? Her mind was spinning as she walked out to Alice's car, uncertain of her every move. A shaking hand opened the heavy car-door, seeing Alice already sitting in the driver seat and waiting patiently for Alex to get in.

The ride begun in silence, Alex was still stunned for so many reasons. Alice Cullen was sitting in the same car as her, Bella was presumably dead, and they were going to her house to talk to her father about it. She couldn't take her eyes off of Alice, feeling as if she'd disappear if Alex looked away. Finally, Alice broke the silence.

"Why didn't you answer your phone Alex?"

The redhead sighed, running a stressed hand through her hair. "Tom was calling me so I turned off the sound."

"You know, Alex, when someone calls, they most likely want you to answer," Alice stated matter-of-factly, making Alex snort.

"I'd already talked to him, he just wanted me to come to some stupid party," Alex mumbled, making Alice smile slightly in the grave situation. Then, the rest of the ride passed in silence as both females fell down in their own thoughts.

When they finally pulled up to the grand white house, both females exited the car and walked up to the door, Alice quickly informing Alex that no one was home. She then opened the door, making Alex widen her eyes.

"Alice, what the hell are you doing?" she spoke loudly, making Alice furrow her brows in confusion.

"What? We'll just wait for Charlie inside."

"Don't you think he'll have a heart attack if he finds you in his home?" Alex said, but Alice just smiled before continuing to enter the home. The redhead hesitated, before sighing and following the vampire inside.

"Come on, Alex - Charlie is in good condition, he'll be fine."

Alex hadn't actually been at Bella's house before, she'd only ever met her at either the Cullens, her own place or in school. She wasn't surprised in any way when she actually entered the home, if anything she felt as if it represented her and Charlie quite well, seeing as the two of them were pretty comfortable and calm homebodies.

"So, how're you doing Alex?" Alice asked the girl, trying to loosen the tension and get their minds off of things. Alex shrugged.

"Been better."

"Emmett told us you were in better condition than Bella at least, who, in all honesty seems like she's not dealing at all," Alice stated, making Alex shrug. "He said about as much about Jasper too, he's really depressed."

"Wait, what? When did you talk to Jasper?" Alex said with furrowed eyebrows, feeling slightly cold all of a sudden. Alice mirrored her expression.

"Well, I haven't talked to him. Emmett is the only one that can reach him, they kept contact ever since Jasper left our coven," Alice spoke as if it was obvious, making Alex freeze more and more for every second.