CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
"So, want to watch a movie?" Alex said from her sprawled out position on the bed. She was lying with her legs over his and her head was dangling off of the edge of the bed. He chuckled.

"Sure, I dare you to find something I haven't watched," Jasper said, making her head shoot up.

"Not fair, you've been alive longer than movie history," Alex said while pouting, but made her way over to her cabinet filled with movies and series. She sat down on the floor and started to look through the titles.

"I suppose you've seen all batman movies?" she said, holding up 'Batman begins' in her right hand.

"Yes, every single one," Jasper said, chuckling. Alex groaned. She then lit up, holding up a new film in her hand.

"Have you seen this?" Alex asked, surprising him when she held up one that he didn't recognize.

"Surprisingly, no," he said, making her widen her eyes.

"Okay, so have I understood this right? You're 161 years old and you've never watched 'the breakfast club' before?" Alex said, making Jasper nod.

"I can't recall it at least," he said, making her put the CD in her player in a hasty movement, before once again running over to the bed and sitting down next to him. Jasper scooted over in the slightest to make room for her, and she sat down with their sides touching. She got the remote and started the movie, while leaning her head at Jasper's shoulder. He looked at her slightly and smiled, feeling her satisfaction seep into him.

Jasper immediately recognized the intro song as 'Don't you forget about me' and watched as the opening sequence passed by. Towards the end of the opening, a David Bowie lyrics from his song 'Changes' appeared on the screen, making him smile. Alex's eyes glimmered in the light of the TV as she took in the words.

When the actual movie started, a voice over begun. He could see Alex's lips begun to move as she spoke with the boy.

"Saturday...March 24, 1984. Shermer High School, Shermer, Illinois. 60062. Dear Mr. Vernon...we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was that we did wrong, what we did was wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write this essay telling you who we think we are, what do you care? You see us as you want to see us...in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. You see us as a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at seven o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed," Alex said, eyes leaving the screen towards the end to look up at the blond boy. He smirked down at her.

"Do I dare to ask how many times you've seen this movie?" Jasper said, making Alex smirk as well.

"Not that many that you'd expect, but at least five. It's a classic," she said, raising her hands in defense. Jasper just chuckled and put an arm over her petite shoulders.

The movie was good. It was not hard to see why she liked it so much, it was different and he actually enjoyed it more than he thought he would. But then again, that might be because of the girl who was snuggled up towards him. It was almost over, when Jasper heard someone walking up the stairs. Just a second later, the door to Alex's room was pushed open and Mrs. Taylor's head became visible in the dim lighting. She looked at the two of them, smiling widely. Alex straightened herself slightly, feeling mildly awkward as she thought of the comments her mother would give her later about that. Petunia then spoke up.

"Hello you two, I was just wondering if Jasper wanted to stay for dinner?" she said, making Jasper look at the redhead before answering.

"I'd love to Mrs. Taylor, but I promised my parents that we'd have a family dinner tonight," he said, making Alex sigh really low. Petunia nodded.