CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Alex opened her eyes and was met with sunlight. She squinted before rubbing her eyes, sitting up in her daze of confusion. Looking at her clock on the wall she saw that it was well past ten, she never got to sleep that long with the help of her pills, so why now?

As she sat up she remembered, she was no longer on pills. Had she actually fallen asleep by herself? Hardly. She stood up from her bed and hurried down the stairs, she needed to talk to her parents.

"Mom?" Alex yelled, hearing shuffling in the kitchen. Instead of waiting for an answer she walked over there, seeing her entire family was there. Her father was cooking and her mother and brother were merely looking at her as she entered the room, her hair was messy and makeup from the previous day was smeared on her face, but most significantly; she looked well rested. Yes, she got to sleep with the help of her medication previously, but a pill induced sleep was never the same as the real deal.

"Honey," her mother said as she walked over to the redhead, hugging her tightly. When she was done she still held Alex's shoulders and looked at her with a smile.

"Mom, what's going on?"

Her mother laughed. "Well, for one you fell asleep on your own Alex. Jasper told me when he left that you'd fallen asleep while you were watching TV. This is amazing honey."

Alex slowly recalled the events from the previous day, remembering the dinner, finishing the project and watching the movie with Jasper, then it all ended suddenly - she'd really fallen asleep. A smile spread on Alex's face, a chuckle escaping her lips. Maybe she'd finally overcome her problems.

This rush of happiness lasted for a while, the entire day even. When it was finally time for her to sleep again she was fully prepared, her face washed, hair braided and her pajama shorts on. She even had a smile on her lips. She lied down for a while, but then decided to try and watch some TV again, like she'd done the previous day. She decided to watch some tv, figuring it was the perfect opportunity to watch an episode of Skins.

The next morning, she was sitting in the same position as she had the previous night, tears on her cheeks and the last episode of the season playing before her. As her mother stepped into her room and saw the state her daughter was in she walked over to her, said some reassuring words and hugged her tight.

Breakfast was tense to say the least. The entire family was disappointed, but no one's displeasure matched up to Alex. She didn't even touch her food, and asked to be excused from the table just a few minutes after she'd gotten there.

She walked up to her room again, changing from her pajama and into a pair of tights and a big sweater, tying her vans to her feet. She took her hair out from the braid she'd made the day before, and didn't have to worry about washing her face since it'd all been done the previous night. She just grabbed her phone and earplugs before heading downstairs again.

"I'm going for a walk," Alex said, opening the door just as she heard her brother talk.

"Can I drive you instead? I've hardly spent any time with you, and I'm leaving tonight." Josh looked at her expectantly, walking over to her when she merely nodded. He quickly tied his shoes on, grabbing a jacket before heading outside to the car together with his baby sister. Soon they were both seated, Josh started the car, waiting for instructions.

"So, where do you want me to take you? Or should I say, where does Jasper live?" he said, smirking slightly as she turned her head to look at him.

"I really don't see the humor in that statement Josh," Alex said, looking at him with slightly widened eyes.

"Well, you seem to not see quite a lot of things. Like the fact that Jasper is very much into you." Alex rolled her eyes as she showed him the way.