Just Another Rainy Day

I woke to thunder and lighting... and to my sister sitting on the floor looking out the window. I jumped from her figure, while she jumped from my sudden action.

"What the hell Kaylee?" She said standing up and dusting herself off. I gave her a confused look and tilted my head. How dare she ask me 'what the hell?' It's 'what the hell?' to her. Like why is she in my home?

"What the hell to me? What the hell to you. Why on earth are you here?" I demanded as angry raised in my body. She simply stared at me as if I knew why the witch was here. "Well are you going to tell me or just stare at me?" I asked demanding answers. She finally gave in and answered.

"You wanted to make amends so here I am." She said annoyed. A smile cracked on my face and I reached in for a hug. She hugged me back but I smelled her and something I didn't seem to notice was my sister was drunk. I have no idea how she was able to act so sober but she wasn't I smelt it all over her.

"Your drunk!" I yelled pulling away from the hug. She cocked her head to the other side and looked me in the eyes. Then all of a sudden she burst out in a laugh. and just left. LEFT. It was way too early in the morning to chase after her though so I just stayed laying in bed. When my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered tired.

"Kaylee we need to talk about your business, Mama Joes?" Said Charliea but awkwardly. I answered with a simple yes,and got dressed.

~

I walked into Mama Joes about 30 minutes after Charlie called. But for some reason there was no Charlie to be found. Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to see a tall guy with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes smiling down at me. At first I smiled back thinking it was Charlie but after doing a double take I noticed the guy was not Charlie but he looked a lot like Charlie.

"May I help you?" I asked trying to force a smile, but that failed because the more I looked at him the more confused I got. "Do I know you?" I finally asked after my observation.

"Yes actually I am looking for my brother Charlie." He said still with a huge smile on his face. I stared at him for some more time and then spoke.

"Uh....Um.... your brother Charlie?" I stuttered stupidly. He nodded still able to keep the smile on his face. He reminded me so much of Charlie except my version of Charlie was not a big fan of smiling. But before I could ask him his name an angry Charlie answered for me.

"Rick what the hell are you doing here?" He roared. Rick, hm kind of a plain name but who am I to judge?

"Charlie, I was just-"

"Leaving. You were just leaving." Charlie said very angry. Poor Rick's smiling face was cut real short. But I kept quiet because it was more than obvious that something was going on between them. I was too caught up in my thoughts of what could have happened between them, I didn't notice Charlie had taken my hands and led me out of the cafe.

"Charlie!" I said stomping my foot down on the ground and freeing my hand from his grip. He turned and looked at me with an very angry expression on his face. But I chose to ignore it. "Why on earth did you just do that? For crying out loud your brother is in there!" I screamed from angry. Charlie just stared at me then grabbed my hand and kept walking. After my protest and kicks and screams he finally saw I was making a scene and stopped.

"What Kaylee, you want to go back to my brother? Are you in love with him?" He said as his eyes flashed at me. I looked at him in disbelief. I couldn't believe he had just said that to me. I mean I wasn't his girlfriend or anything just his partner in business. But still I thought we were at least friends. He shouldn't talk to me like that... right?

"No Charlie, but that was your brother. Obviously you have a problem with him... you made me make amends so you make amends." I said reminding him how he made me try and make amends with my sister.

~

After begging Charlie to go back to Mama Joes he finally gave in and we went. As soon as I spotted Rick he was sitting deep in thought and sipping on what looked like tea. I headed over to him holding Charlie's hand or else he would have gotten away.

"Hey Rick, my name is Kaylee. And you came to talk to your brother correct?" I said and as soon as Rick saw his brother and me together his eyes lightened up. He nodded with a smile. I turned to see Charlie's expression while he had a very disgusted look on his face. I elbowed him in his stomach and smiled giving him the idea to smile. He rolled his eyes and gestured for me to sit in the booth with him. I took my seat and looked at the menu.

"What do you want asswipe?" Snarled Charlie.

"CHARLIE!" I screamed, not caring that the whole cafe was staring at me. Charlie put both his hands up to show he was surrendering. But me being me I didn't believe him. So every once and a while I was going to watch his actions to tell what he really meant when he said stuff.

"It's quiet alright Kaylee. It's just another rainy day, and Charlie is grumpy." He said with his signature smile.

"I am not 'grumpy' dick-face." Charlie said defensively. Rick shook his head as his smile faded, While I on the other hand had given up. But it was killing me to know what happened between them.

"Listen Charlie I came to say I am sorry for what happened in the past. I know I shouldn't have done that so I wanted to say sorry." Rick said topping it off with a big bright smile. Charlie just rolled his eye and avoided Ricks gaze. But one thing that caught me up was what happened between the two men?