The Missing Puzzle Piece

Charlie Lyons POV

~

Lexy made me sleep in the living room while she slept with Kaylee. It wasn't too bad and I didn't mind sleeping there. Rose would come out to the kitchen a lot but she seemed worried about something. I had to go to work today for a meeting so I would need Kaylee and Lexy to get out for me.

I walked to the door to hear dead silence so I figured they were sleep. So I slowly opened the door to see them both sleep and Muffin was on the bed too. He was starring right at me with those dog eyes. I held back the urge to pet him and grabbed my clothes and headed for the shower. I did what I had to do and when I was done I went to the bedroom to still see Kaylee and Lexy sleep.

I decided to leave a note for Kaylee letting her know I was heading to work. When I was done I kissed her forehead and left for work.

"Good morning Mr. Lyons." My assistant greeted me while following me into my office.

"Do I have anything I need to work on?" She smiled handing me a folder filled of paper.

"Kaylee's spa, from what I hear people are excited and ready for it to open. Boss wants you to get with her and found put a definite date for when she opens." I nodded and sat at my desk.

"Uh.... Carolina can you call Kaylee about noon making sure she is okay? And let her know that I will call Brad to make sure everything is okay with her." Carolina nodded and headed out.

I looked at my computer to see a picture of Kaylee and I kissing. I just sat there and thought damn I really do love this woman.

I dialed Brad and he answered.

"Hey Charlie what's up?" He asked seeming a bit excited.

"Hey Brad I need you to do me a favor." Brad sighed because this is the second time I asked him to do something for me.

"Does this have anything to do with Kaylee?" He asked his voice filled with concern.

"Yeah she's been sick for the past day, throwing up a lot I need you to come in and check on her." I demanded not rudly though.

"I can definitely make time for her." He joked around, though I didn't like it.

"Stop fucking around Brad and find yourself your own woman." I snapped while Brad laughed at me.

"Alright I will see you at.... 5. Okay?" I looked at my schedule and saw it was clear.

"Alright that sounds good enough see you then... and Brad?" I asked a bit quitely.

"Yeah Charlie?" He asked, I could tell he was ready to get off the phone.

"Thank you man. I know you didn't have to do this so I want to thank you." I could imagine Brad smiling from my thanks. "But don't fucking expect this all the time okay?" He laughed but he knew I was serious.

"Alright and no problem. But do know you owe me." We said our goodbyes and hung up. Carolina burst through the door with a bit of a worried expression on her face.

"What's wrong Carolina?" I asked standing up.

"Mr. Lyons I advise you to pick up the phone." She insisted and I nodded.

I picked up the phone to hear puking in the bathroom.

"Charlie?" I noticed the voice to be Lexy. 

"Yes? Is everything okay with Kaylee?" I asked concerned. Lexy took a deep breathe and puking could still be heard from the background again.

"She still can't keep anything down. But she can keep water down. So what are you going to do about it?" She asked and I took a deep breathe. What is going on with Kaylee?

"Remember the doctor that I called before when she had her accident? Well I called him to come and check out what is going on with her at about 5. I will be getting off in a second so I will be there soon." I heard her sigh in relief and had to hurry and hang up.

I gathered my stuff and went to Carolina's desk. 

"I am going to head out Carolina. Tell boss there is an emergency with Kaylee at the house." She nodded and I went to the car. 

Once I got there Rose's car wasn't there. Which gave me more room to park. I rushed into the house and into our room and Kaylee was laying down. 

"Kaylee honey are you-" 

"Charlie I need to tell you something." Kaylee said looking at me tired. 

"But I do need to tell you something. Brad will be-"

"Charlie, Rose loves you." My eyes widen and I nearly passed out. Why did she love me? I-I nope. I couldn't do that. She can't live with me and love me and Kaylee love me. But the only problem is I love Kaylee and not her. 

"Are you serious?" I asked taking a seat on the edge of the bed. She nodded looking away. 

"I am going to let you two have your moment." Lexy stated leaving the room.

"Like your not kidding?" Kaylee looked at me annoyed.

"Charlie why the hell would I play around with this? Yes I am serious." I paced around the room thinking of how this could be. 

A memory of Rose and I talking played in my head. She stared at me as I were a gold bar. She said her thing for me was dead, no more, gone. How can this be.... Kaylee was obvious very uncomfortable with this so I only had one choice. She had to leave.

"I will kick her out." Kaylee's head shot towards my direction and she frowned.

"What?" I turned to her and shrugged.

"You are obviously uncomfortable with her around so I will kicked her out. Plus I love you and you only and the last thing I want is for her to break us up." Kaylee got up and hugged me.

"Thank you." We stayed hugging for what felt like hours. "I love you Charlie." I pulled out of the hug and smiled at her.

"I love you too Kaylee." She smiled and kissed me.