The Tingly Feeling

Charlie Lyons POV

After talking to my twin brother all I wanted to do was go to sleep. So my plan was to walk Kaylee home and go straight to sleep. But when she hugged me outside the cafe... I felt something. It was weird and made my chest tight. Some call it love but I call it feelings not wanted. Plus Kaylee probably doesn't even like me. But the tingly feeling in my stomach made me feel so weird this was not something that usually happened to me. But I needed some fresh air so I asked Kaylee if she wanted to go to the park.

"Are you sure Charlie I mean look at it. It looks like it is going to pour down raining." She said looking up at the sky. I really wanted to go to the park and I was pretty stubborn.

"No I think it will be okay. So let's go." I said leading the way. I could hear Kaylee sighing loudly which made me chuckle very softly. Soon we got to the park and Kaylee ran right past me like we were kids. I needed to get my brother off of my mind so I decided to play around with her.

"Catch me if you can!" Kaylee screamed out to me barely run she was laughing so hard. I finally caught up to her and grabbed her by her waist.

"You put me down right now Charlie." She said laughing. At that moment a memory of Rick and I playing outside as children appeared in my mind. I put Kaylee down as soon as I saw Rick and I playing. I couldn't do this anymore, I went to the park to get him out of my head. But what he did was just wrong. I don't think I could ever forget that. Kaylee looked up at me with a worried expression on her face.

"Is everything okay?" She said worried. I just shook my head not wanting to have a conversation at the moment. "Come on Charlie what's bothering you believe it or not I am a great listener." She said trying to mock me.

"Kaylee what happened between my brother and me is way different from what happened between you and your sister." I said trying to stop the conversation from becoming an argument. But I spoke before I thought.

"Charlie you have no idea what my sister and I have been through." She said snapping back. But I was angry now and ready for this conversation to end.

"You know what Kaylee I will see you when something comes up in the business deal." I said tonelessly before walking off. I instantly felt my heart sink to my stomach at the thought of me leaving a confused and sad Kaylee in a park and not knowing why I got so upset. But everything keeps reminding me of my devil of a brother.

~

Kaylee Dallas POV

He just snapped at me for no reason and then left. I stood there watching his retreating form. I was completely shocked and confused. I thought everything was going great. We were playing around and boom out of no where he snaps at me and leaves. It is now pouring outside and then I am forced to walk home alone. My chest was aching and I felt sick to my stomach. If I liked him I didn't see why? He was such a jerk to me and acted like liking me was going to kill him. I got to the apartment and I was soaking wet. All I wanted was to shower and watch my favorite T.V show 'Revenge'. And no not to get back at him, but just to calm me down.

I was in the shower pondering on what happened. Where did it all go wrong? Why did he have a sudden outburst. My heart was crying for Charlie's presents. That's when I knew feelings for him had started to grow in my heart. But this was not okay. I know when I fall for someone it can get pretty bad. That was the very last thing I wanted. I rubbed my faces trying to clear my thoughts, but the only thing that kept going through my head was he probably hated me for trying to know what happened. I got into the bed and cried myself to sleep.

A knock on my door awoke me from my sleep. I opened the door to see the one and only... my sister. I guess you can say a part of me wanted it to be Charlie and for me to run into his arms and confess my feelings for him, but sadly it was my sister. She didn't smell like drugs or alcohol, but she was in tears.

"Lexy what happened?" I asked concerned as I pulled her into the house.

"S-scout he broke up with me." She stated bursting into to tears again. Scout was her boyfriend since high school not going to lie I am kind of glad they broke up. Scout gave my sister multiple ideas no teenager should think of.

"Why? What happened?" I said wanting to know what happened... a little.

"We were at a party last night and I caught him kissing another girl. I told him we were done, and then he kissed me and then said 'Now we are done sweetheart." She said as another tear fell down her cheek.

I am not going to lie I didn't feel that bad for my sister. She should have seen this coming... I mean I saw it coming.

"Did you think you two were forever?" I questioned as I crossed my arms around my chest. She sat down on the coach and thought about the question. Then nodded with a smile as if she was about to tell one of their old times. "Did he think you two were forever?" I said wanting her to really think about my question. She was thinking again and shrugged her shoulders, then burst into tears. In the past when it came to my sister and Scout they had their ups and downs.

"Lexy I am so sorry this happened but I hope that you learned your lesson." I said as I patted her hand smiling. She looked up under her curls and frowned.

"Lesson? How was I supposed to learn something out of a painful breakup?" She said snatching her hand from mine. I automatically wish I hadn't said that.

"I am sorry Lexy that's not entirely what I meant.... it's just.... nevermind." I stuttered out the last part really wanting to tell my sister what happened earlier. She narrowed her eyes at me and watched me carefully.

"What did Charlie do?" She demanded angrily. I didn't think she could read me that well I mean she couldn't read anyone for the life of her. So was I really that transparent?